ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Exhaust Flexi Joint?

Clio 182
Hey guys,

Getting seriously annoyed with my exhaust blowing, I rehung the exhaust and sealed it all up and it started blowing again today.

I was wondering if anyone has fitted a flexi- joint in their exhaust and done away with the standard cat/manifold joint?

Joints a bit like this: http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexcustomexhaustparts.php (but a bit cheaper)

I was thinking of either having my cat pipe modified to include one of these and sort it so that the original cat/manifold joing was solid or perhaps getting a decat made again with a solid version of the original joint and a flexi. Has anyone done it already?

I was thinking of I were to get the decat made and it worked well (can't see why not) i would get some more made for some of you lot on here.

If you have any suggestions or would like one let me know.

Laters,

Donut.

106 GTI
I too have a blowing at this section, im thinking about replacing the oem metal gauze and trying to get a lead gasket if they are still available

Clio 182
Don't think you can get them anymore. Haven't seen one for a while that's for sure.

Laters, J.

RS RIP
That flex joint is a good one , would solve many Reno drivers complaints. Only thing is that you'll have to modify a bit to be able to fit this. Cut flanges off etc..

Clio 182
I'm hoping that I'll be able to make something that will fit on the standard joints without having to remove flanges or whatever.

I have a decat pipe and I gonna order a suitable flexi and see about getting a prototype together.

The standard joint is so crap.

Laters,

Donut.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 16v had a flexi joint on it as standard and i went thru 2 of them in a year but thats probably because it was lowered and catching the ground lol

i've used those flexis before to replace problematic knuckle joints on manis and they are an improvement. don't know how much room there is around the termination point of the 182's mani, but cutting the bellmouth off it and TIG'ing on the flexi (keeping a length on the other end so that you can slide the system over it) could be feasible.

there are a few things to think about though, like the correct size flexi, it's alignment in relation to the mani, and the weight of the system that it'd have to support (..)

personally, think it's a lot of effort and you'd end up with a jibbed mani if you welded and it didn't work out. the mani would have to come off to do it properly as well

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
hi mate ive been looking to see if this is a common problem because ive been through 2 and am on my third flexi lol was caused by dogbone mount gone. and because the flexi is on the same pipe as the cat renault charge stupid so decided to cut it out n weld another one in kos im a greedy bugger lol then replaced dogbone. about 5 months after same problem again did the same as i did before bit harder that time because i made the other flexi to fit lol that one lasted about a year lol this time i got a flexi of 320d welded it in got pollybushed dogbone mount an bin fine lol.

Also as anyones pasenger seat airbag gon off?
Also the seat handles ive been through about 6 of them lol
Also the handle that you pull so people can get in the back thats snapped lol is there anyway of fixin that instead of buyin a new seat? (its sport interior)

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
I tried this on my 182 but still had to replace the flexi pipe every year. I bolted up the cat to mani joint to stop the blowing and had a flexi section on the decat pipe. Unfortunately the movement of the exhaust and the 'almost' neat fuel passing through it, worked away the insides of the flexi until it too started blowing. You may do a better job than I did though! From memory the best flexi pipe I ever bought was from camskill - v. good quality.Hope that helps.