ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO DCI's???

Albi blue 197
not sure if im in the right section but im just wondring what is the difference between the 65bhp the 80bhp and the 100bhp in engine /.gearbox suspension wise really and if i was wanting to change the 65 to and 80 what would need to be done

cheers in advance

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Dci 80 has an intercooler, and the dci 100 has a bigger turbo and different injectors...I think. The dci 100 also comes with a six speed gearbox from the Laguna. I got that from a quick search, but not sure if I have it all right. I'm sure someone else will confirm either way.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dci 80 has an intercooler, and the dci 100 has a bigger turbo and different injectors...I think. The dci 100 also comes with a six speed gearbox from the Laguna. I got that from a quick search, but not sure if I have it all right. I'm sure someone else will confirm either way.

if its a mk2 ph2 its still a 5 speeder.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the 80 amnd the 100 share the same turbo
the 65bhp runs 1400psi in the fuel system
the 80+100 both run 1600psi and use the same injectors.
the 65 has no IC were as the 80 does and the 100 has a biger IC than the 80

im selling a dci 100 turbo if your after one and a decat pm me for more info

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Did the ph2 come with the 100 option? I'm sure I read when searching that it only came with the 65 and 80. The 100 came in when the ph3 was introduced.

www.renparts.co.uk
the engine block is different between the 100 and the others. Starter motor on the front instead of the rear like the 65 and the 80. 100 also runs a JH cable shift gearbox.

DCi 100
Looking at possibly getting a 65/80 myself.

Just need to see what they're like test drive wise I guess.

320d
Its been whacked into a kerb though "passenger seat airbag activated,small kerb mark on passenger side front wheel"

Just got to be patient I suppose and wait for the right one. You swapping bit off yours over to the dci if you get one?

DCi 100
Selling pretty much everything, might keep the coilovers for now. Half and half what I'm doing really. Need pretty much everything to go at once because the car can't move without spacers on at this height etc.

Quite want some schmidt wheels on the new car really low so obviously, coilovers.

Albi blue 197
cheers for help lads i came across a clio dci site found that the from the 65 the 80 has different injectors a slightly different turbo (not really different though) an intercooler but both run off 1400psi for fuel where as the 100 has the small chubby intercooler different gearbox and runs on 1600PSi for fuel and obv all three turbos run at differernt psi but the 65 and 80 can run 1.5bar in the turbos (if 65 has intercooler) looks like im guna get a 65 like as dds selling his going down from a vtr but i dont mind haha.... are the injectors from a 65 easy to replace with the 80 's??

cheers again

182+1.5DCI+S2000
I have the 04 dci 80 it nice and fast 2nd and 3rd gear and great mpg but it just dont feel solid needs new alloys and suspension from the standard ones then it would be mint :)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
the injectors are easy to replace but will need programming to your ecu . better of getting a 80 if your going down that road tbh .

Plus its actually getting hold of 80's injector. They're quite expensive, so may aswell just get 80 as said already. That way, some pipework already in place for intercooler if you wished to change.

Other option is 65 then remap taking it to around 80-85ish, thats without an ic.
On cliodci.net theres quite a bit of info on them. Have a look at some of the peoples on there for idea of gains.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
maby im biassed but id get a 100, especially since your coming from a vtr, my remapped dci 100 (£270 to have it mapped) is VTS pace, 2nd gear and up. 5th gear on the motorway its quicker.

ive had my 172 at work this week due to the nicer weather and on the motorway find myself dropping to 4th and sometimes 3rd when going for a quick overtake to make it in before a junction, in the 100 you just sink the boot in 5th gear!

your better off asking the questions over on cliodci.net as the dci's arnt well liked over here for some reason.

Albi blue 197
cheers lads... im going for 65 bhp as my dad is deciding to get rid of his and im getting the family discount so... all well really ill just have to hunt for the 80 injectors and is it easy enough to fit the intercooler and ill have a gander on the dci site cheers