ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Dci

172 cup
When the car is idling it runs extremely rough and shakes the entire car along with the gear stick rocking back and forth, technician at work thinks it could be fuel filter, was just curious if anyone had anything similar happen and what was the problem before I waste money and time on things that won't make a difference?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Any warning lights on? I'd get it plugged in to clip before spending any money.

Could be fuel filter, injectors, fuel pump... Anything really.

172 cup
No lights on at all, yeah i'll get one of the guys at work to plug it in for me hopefully. Hopefully something simple although never seems to be the case!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had one that wouldn't start due to a sticky injector. We put a bottle if diesel magic in it, tow started it, and it was proper lumpy/tappy at first, we then filled it to the brim with diesel then drove it 320 miles to Brighton and back. That was over a year ago and it's still not put a foot wrong. (I sold it to a neighbour)

Have faith!

172 cup
Hopefully it is something as simple as that, I am hopeful it's never put a foot wrong in 5 months and i do easy over 1500 miles a month the rocking is the only thing that is frustrating about it to be honest and I should have sorted it sooner but better late than never I guess!