ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup 172 question

Clio cup 172
Does anybody elses clio cup bleep from somewhere in the dash when you get over 5500rpm and put your foot down?

Clio cup 172
Yeah i thought it might be that just confussed me abit because that light only comes on when sitting revving the car not when in gear driving thanks

Mmm something doesn't add up, no?

The 172 cup has a shift light, but not a shift beep (that was the 197 onwards IIRC) as far as I was aware?!?! The shift light is a yellow lorry-looking gearstick at the bottom right of the dash should. It should also never come on anywhere massively below ~6800 RPM (the lower rev limit set by the ECU for when the engine is not upto working temperature)

The shift light should work whether you are driving or sat in nuetral.

As silly as it sounds I don't think the light you're seeing is the shift light. Have a look in the owners manual. My guess is it's the emissions light?

Last edited:
  Clio cup 172
It's a green light on mine :S But as I say It does not come on whilst driving its just the beep that's got me because it has only just started doing it :cry:.

TBF my 182 left my possesion nearly a year ago now so I may have got the colour wrong, will double check. 1 min.

EDIT: Sorry you are right. Definitely the one in this pic then?

4e206710-a49f-9032.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio cup 172
yeah that green light ive been looking on the internet and i think the bleep is to do with the gear shift well i hope it is but thanks for your help.

TBH I think it's just the way you described it that sounded odd to me. Certainly no beep as standard, but if the beep/gearshift light corresponds with each other then it's probably just a garage-built modification by someone with a little bit of basic electronics knowledge.

172 Cup
Mine has the green light but I have never seen it flash or come on other than start up.

I don't get any beep when going over 5500 rpm either.

Clio cup 172
I think I might have it looked at because they don't correspond just starts bleeping when you frash it