ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio confusion.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Please excuse me for being new to the Clio scene and a bit lame. But could someone explain the differences to me between a 172, a 182, a Trophy and a Cup? Basically they all seem very similar to me. I'm guessing the 172/182 is the 2.0ltr 16v. But if anyone could clarify for me i would be most greatful.

Cheers people.

Josh.:)

There all 2 liter then same engine realy the 182 and Trophy had the different manaifold ECU mapping and exhaust. The phase 1 172's had a cable throttle body the later phase 2 had drive by wire throttles apart from that engine wise there much the same.
The phase 2 172 had a different setup the than the phase 1 and the Cup which was a stripped out 172 had different springs than the phase 2. The 182 had a different suspension setup the Cuped suspension packed 182's have different springs and dampers than the normal 182's. All the 182's had wider suspension track i belive but I've not checked the part codes yet.