ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio broken down 172 mk1

172 CUP
hi,im new to the clio 172,i thought id go for a day out to the lakes and the engine light came on yesterday and went straight off after flashing twice,so i thought nothing of it? then took the car out today stopped at the services after it driving perfect,came back out went to start the car and the battery was fine,engine turning over okay but just would not start at all? any ideas folks? as im unsure a bit gutted only had the car four days hence prob why the last owner sold it,any help or info on what may have gone would be a great help,the recovery guys said engine fault maybe crank sensor but they wasnt sure? cheers kev.:(

Mk5 golf gti
TDC (crank sensor) would be what i would do first

its on top of the bell housing, take the 2 bolts off and give it a clean

172 CUP
Yes bud it goes out ,i will check again in the morning,the engine will turn over but wont start??

172 CUP
cheers dun where abouts is this pal? as im new to the car,i work for toyota as a valeter but im going to get it either in the workshop or leave it at work n attempt to fix it myself as im quite handy like that,if you could let us know a bit more how to do it bud would be great,still cant believe it just went like that was fine came off motorway at services for the loo came back out and nothing,weird.cheers for the help guys,:)

172 exclusive
open bonnet . looking at the engine its on the rhs follow the end of the head down until you make contact with the top of the bellhousing of the gearbox . its held on the bellhousing with 2 x 10mm bolts

mick

172 CUP
hi,i cleaned up the crank sensor,and still no joy the car still wouldnt start,ive now got it in the workshop at where i work,so far theyre putting it down to the coil pack has gone down,after they plugged the car in,so we are going to try one of those next and go from there,will let you know how i get on cheers,

225 meg, clio 172 ex
hi,i cleaned up the crank sensor,and still no joy the car still wouldnt start,ive now got it in the workshop at where i work,so far theyre putting it down to the coil pack has gone down,after they plugged the car in,so we are going to try one of those next and go from there,will let you know how i get on cheers,

Fuel relay... About 50p from a scrapper or free depending on how good you are :)

Should be 3 black relays in the engine fuse box try them.

Try swapping the relays about as a free option just see what you get...

Last edited: