ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio bhp???

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Whats the max power someones got out on the 2.0L thats road going???
Got some very big plans and about to order the parts just thinking how high im looking at. Not saying what im getting though sorry.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Why?

I know that eth TT CLio had 450 bhp and that was pretty unuseable from what I gathered

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Lop at getting that to 500, would need a steel crank, solid lifters, the biggest turbo ever, a gearbox and clutch that will take the torque, new fuel system, water injection, block re-inforced, the costs would easy hit 15-20k then it wouldn't even drive,

Buy a skyline IMO

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
imo 300bhp from a fwd car is excellent but also enough. Surely 500bhp would be overkill

Lop at getting that to 500, would need a steel crank, solid lifters, the biggest turbo ever, a gearbox and clutch that will take the torque, new fuel system, water injection, block re-inforced, the costs would easy hit 15-20k then it wouldn't even drive,

Buy a skyline IMO
I plan to change everything but the engine its self. Dont like skylines one bit and its not a clio. An im not giving away the plans about the turbo.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I missed off driveshafts, engine bearings, engine mounts, intercooler ( no room for a huge one) exhaust manifold that will tkae the heat and flow upto that rate

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I think you could get it too late 300's anymore than that it will explode after 50 miles, you would also have to spend über amounts of cash on the chasis and getting it to drive in a stright line!

But I would love to be proved wrong

Artic Blime 182
Not boring it out at all mate. You can take a small amount off but i wont be.

Well if your secret plan works think you will have the fastest sickest clio on here.

Will you tell us what you have done now or do you have a thread on this already?

I missed off driveshafts, engine bearings, engine mounts, intercooler ( no room for a huge one) exhaust manifold that will tkae the heat and flow upto that rate
There is room :) its where you put it that gives you more room. I know most people will say there is no point in spending that much money but if you can why now??

Well if your secret plan works think you will have the fastest sickest clio on here.

Will you tell us what you have done now or do you have a thread on this already?
Got that thread already mate its in the project section called clio turbo.

I think you could get it too late 300's anymore than that it will explode after 50 miles, you would also have to spend über amounts of cash on the chasis and getting it to drive in a stright line!

But I would love to be proved wrong
Spoke to someone thats had 600bhp out of theres but cant go on the road. on standard crank etc
I dont know his full list of changes like :s

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
You would have to drop the compression belowe 8: too, maybe even a stroker to get the cc in

Artic Blime 182
Got that thread already mate its in the project section called clio turbo.

Yeah i have seen cars where the turbo is located in the passenger foot well to make more room in the engine bay, sounds like an awesome project. Be worth doing just to show it can be done. Wouldnt do it myself, think i would get an evo or something but then again there are plent of evos there aint any road legal clios with that amount of power.

There is room :) its where you put it that gives you more room. I know most people will say there is no point in spending that much money but if you can why now??

Is yours the 182 with the cup pack, mine is an just woundering if the thread will answer all the questions i have lol like suspension, engine etc

Ill have a look now :)

182 Cup
Getting the power out of the engine wouldn't be the biggest problem. As said before, what gearbox is going to take that much power without throwing a hissy fit?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Still don't understand why.

The clio is fammed for its handelling, but a 500 bhp engine just wont be useable as a track / b-road blaster, surely?

Yeah i have seen cars where the turbo is located in the passenger foot well to make more room in the engine bay, sounds like an awesome project. Be worth doing just to show it can be done. Wouldnt do it myself, think i would get an evo or something but then again there are plent of evos there aint any road legal clios with that amount of power.

Is yours the 182 with the cup pack, mine is an just woundering if the thread will answer all the questions i have lol like suspension, engine etc

Ill have a look now :)
Ye it has cup packs mate

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Spoke to someone thats had 600bhp out of theres but cant go on the road. on standard crank etc
I dont know his full list of changes like :s

Flol, there lying!
Why can't it get on the road, if you have 20k and you want to do it, then go for it!

I spent tens of thousands on my old one, it didn't matter at the time as I wasn't botherd, but looking back now I would of rather of had a porka turbo on my drive LOL.

I've capped my new one at a 5th of he old one!

Getting the power out of the engine wouldn't be the biggest problem. As said before, what gearbox is going to take that much power without throwing a hissy fit?
I can have a custom one made i know a company that will do it. Its big money but you only live once

182 Cup
If it was me and I was going to spend that sort of money and wanted a Clio with 500bhp I'd be looking at using a Scooby turbo flat four running through a tunnel and driving the rear wheels. It'd be so much cheaper to do and so much more effective as a usable car.

Flol, there lying!
Why can't it get on the road, if you have 20k and you want to do it, then go for it!

I spent tens of thousands on my old one, it didn't matter at the time as I wasn't botherd, but looking back now I would of rather of had a porka turbo on my drive LOL.

I've capped my new one at a 5th of he old one!
Its a race car not a road car. Not into the big fast cars yet. Mines as fast as an evo now so dont want to go slower ;) lol Might not go that much more power yet. I have another car im doing an engine change on. Just be different to do.

If it was me and I was going to spend that sort of money and wanted a Clio with 500bhp I'd be looking at using a Scooby turbo flat four running through a tunnel and driving the rear wheels. It'd be so much cheaper to do and so much more effective as a usable car.
Someones getting the idea :rasp:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Out of a road going "clio" it was the Clio TT no competition. it RR'd at 496BHP and had 198MPH (on the rollers. not in the real world of course)...

If your on about the engine (obv the clio TT was VAG) then it has got to be Scoffs renault 5.

Thats got a turbo'd 172 engine in there and was running more power than the clio TT.

Put it this way, this used to be a 600bhp+ punto with cosworth engine installed.

fordpunto.jpg

fordpunto2.jpg

Till it was removed as torque steer was just stupid.

No control over the power, although it is a cool idea.

You better of looking into a 4wd system, or RWD at least. And then your spending 20k ish, when you could be burning around in a nice evo 8 with 400bhp under your foot.

I know which id choose :)

Out of a road going "clio" it was the Clio TT no competition. it RR'd at 496BHP and had 198MPH (on the rollers. not in the real world of course)...

If your on about the engine (obv the clio TT was VAG) then it has got to be Scoffs renault 5.

Thats got a turbo'd 172 engine in there and was running more power than the clio TT.
Was that road going ?? not trying to beat it im wonting to know what power people have had out of car

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
If you got the cash then do it, but don't borrow it! Getting loans to tune cars ftl!

If I had lent the cash to do mine and I was still paying for it now, then I would be crying!

There is road going, and then there is controlable.

Show the clio TT some twisties, and i bet a standard 172 would woop it.

No point having all the power when you cant put it down.

I wasted 11k on a punto, and i regret it big style. Just dont do the same!