ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Bargains.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im onto bait of a bargin at the moment on ebay, and its got me thinking.

What is the best bargin you have had for your clio?

Could be anything from a mod, to actually buying the car.

Re: Clio Bargins.

£12 membership to CS.

* Made me aware of skoda splitter - saved ~£100 over renault one
* Bumper removal guide - saved probably an hour (I despise all things trim/clip/plastic related)
* Link to recommended Xenon bulbs for £17 - saved god knows how much over OEM
* Resource for all the common problems (personally I had exhaust, heat shield, cat-mani gasket & headlight washer) - saved an infinite amount of time
* Learned a HELL of a lot about Clios which, even if I never use that knowledge, makes me much more condifent/knowledgable when I buy my next one

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

My RB182.

Got it for less than £4k when people were still paying £6k+ for them.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

4 oz F1s with michelin tyres for £40, bloke listed them as kangoo alloys lol.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

The 200, £15,500 for a FF with a few choice options.

BG 182

Danny @ 519 being so close! Saved me and the mrs loads in fuel as we don't have to travel. A very intelligent chap with infinite knowledge when it comes to these slightly complex engines. Fairly priced and uses high quality/oem parts. You need this kind of backup when you purchase a French hot hatch!

£12 membership to CS.

* Made me aware of skoda splitter - saved ~£100 over renault one
* Bumper removal guide - saved probably an hour (I despise all things trim/clip/plastic related)
* Link to recommended Xenon bulbs for £17 - saved god knows how much over OEM
* Resource for all the common problems (personally I had exhaust, heat shield, cat-mani gasket & headlight washer) - saved an infinite amount of time
* Learned a HELL of a lot about Clios which, even if I never use that knowledge, makes me much more condifent/knowledgable when I buy my next one
This.

Also my Trophy.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Well my 182 FF cost me £1,850 so not a bad start... haven't done anything to it yet but I'm a bargain hunter so will hopefully get some posted up in the near future!

My dci when new was possibly my best bargin not because of price but how long its lasted

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i never get a clio bargain! always been depreciating piles of shite. actually my first 1.2 16v dynamique i got in 05 was free i suppose that was ok. i thought £14,700 was ok for my brand new 200 FF with recaros and cup pack too! the rest were money pits

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

My Monaco.

6 months of free motoring (bar fuel!) and some pocket money once all the mods were sold.

Still hated the thing though.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

Everything I bought for my 182 pretty much.
The best was my run of suspension though.

Sportline springs, free, sold for £80.
H&R's bought for £270 sold for £600.
AST's bought for £450 sold for £980.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some of the 182s in the for sale section on here are bargains.

That 182 FF Titanium for sale today was about 3k! That's a bloody lot of car for the money imo.

There are 106 gtis out there for the same price!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Gutted today I missed a Ph1 172 on gumtree with 42k on the clock for £2k. Would have tried to get down if I went to view but 42k!

Might appear on here at some point.

320d

I got my 1.2 Clio Extreme 4 (AC) at 22 months old with 29.5K and service history for £3500 from a main dealer back in 2007. Probably the best deal I'll ever get on a car.

williams and trophy

williams 1 for 800. got it 6+ years ago bought on the phone pretty much. had intended to buy strip/sell for parts. was too good for that tho. has done oulton park and spa

other williams 1, 11 years ago, £4500. had sooooooooo much fun in it its unreal.

trophy...bought for 1/2 the price i see em going for.

had a 51 plate dci for a while. paid peanuts for it, sold at a 1500 profit. after using it as a runabout for 2 years

Not strictly a mod but I got a pack of mint imperials for 39p in morissons for my clio yesterday?

but jokes aside, I got a full service and cambelt change for £30 inc labour which I didn't think was too shabby and seeing as i've owned the car under a week I haven't bought anything else for it yet haha.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Obviously I do luck in on cars-

the 21k 1 owner Phase 1 i bought with Full renault history was a bargain at 2.2k 18 months ago!

Full renault service for my Clio 172 ( current) £93 quid
S

Audi A5

Cup spoiler,2.0 16v bullets and front diamond for £20 from a scrap yard that I heard about on here.

Chocolate Orange 172

I also agree with the membership to this site, saved me no end on advice and parts!

My spare engine also has to be a winner, got it for £100 as I work for the place and I'm a hard grafter!

Mini Cooper S sport

I thought my old RB 182 was a bargain. It was 6 months old, mint condition, and I got it for £10.5k.