ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi all, been a member for ages but never posted lol. Used to own a valver bout 8 years ago. Awesome little car. Thinking about an R27. Before splashing the best part of 10.5k tho, does anyone know of a new shape out next year, or will clio 4 appear around 2013 like some websites are saying???

Ha! didn't see that so i have posted before!!

GTD, Lupo
Clio 4 is due out in 2011. I think i will invest in a new shape RS clio when it is released.

Gorms

Is it? Where you get that date Gorms? TBH I'm not surprised as the face lift hasnt had the warmest reception.

GTD, Lupo
Is it? Where you get that date Gorms? TBH I'm not surprised as the face lift hasnt had the warmest reception.

Just go on google and type in clio 2011 and loads of stuff come up.

Gonna quote this picture again :D

renault-clio-2.jpg

GTD, Lupo
I got my 200 as a stepping stone for the next RS clio. I saw the above picture in Auto express last year and really wanted it. Was gutted when i found out it wasnt due till around 2011 so i got my 200 for the time being. As soon as a date is set for the next gen clio sport i will be putting an order in if it looks like the above (kinda dont think it will :( unfortunatly )

Gorms

GTD, Lupo
Do you reckon they will stay with a n/a engine?

With fuels/tax prices on the massive rise i cant seen them going with n/a engines for much longer. Imo i think they will go with a 1.6 turbo or maybe even a Sc/turbo type engine.

Gorms

With fuels/tax prices on the massive rise i cant seen them going with n/a engines for much longer. Imo i think they will go with a 1.6 turbo or maybe even a Sc/turbo type engine.

Gorms

havent vw got patients to prevent the idea being copied

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just spoke to Renault Brum. Clio 4 will be out late 2012. So is it normally round 6 months later the RS comes out???

R26
I think I'd like a turbo engine for the tunabiity... But n/a is what the cliosport is all about too. I dunno I just hope it's good :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i would put money on it not being a turbo, N/A all the way, i personally wouldnt buy a turbo one unless it was extremely good!

theirs still more power to come from the f4r yet!!

i would put money on it not being a turbo, N/A all the way, i personally wouldnt buy a turbo one unless it was extremely good!

theirs still more power to come from the f4r yet!!

but the man from the environment says less co2 its days are numbered

320d
I'm looking forwardto the Clio RS 4. I think a turbo lump is just what the Clio needs. Better fuel economy and a lot more unability.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm looking forwardto the Clio RS 4. I think a turbo lump is just what the Clio needs. Better fuel economy and a lot more unability.

Im sceptical about "better" fuel economy Brett, on these for instance 1.4 TSi engines, ergo the new Polo GTi

SC/TC etc, show it a slight incline and get the boot down and these things will sail well under 30mpg, im in no doubt about it.

Off boost MPG figures are very attractive, but in any event, we dont buy these hot-hatches to dirve like a nun with 9 points :)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I'm not keen on the idea of a turbo mk4, I hope it will be smaller than the 197/200 and weigh much less although both of these are unlikely :(
As long as the mpg is better than the above mentioned I'll consider one!

RS Clio 182
I think some people ignore the fact that the future is smaller turbo engines, by the time the Clio 4 comes out, even F1 will be running Turbo'd 1.6's so you won't be seeing the f4r around for too much longer.

When you're paying £260 a year tax and getting low teens mpg any way of creating similar power with fewer associated costs imo is welcome.

Da

Less
I'm very doubtful that Renault will put a turbo lump in the Clio 4. Surely that would eat into the turbo market they have in the Megane?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm very doubtful that Renault will put a turbo lump in the Clio 4. Surely that would eat into the turbo market they have in the Megane?

They don't really have a choice. The 197/200 are pathetic on conumption, the next rs will be a smaller engined turbo imo.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im sceptical about "better" fuel economy Brett, on these for instance 1.4 TSi engines, ergo the new Polo GTi

SC/TC etc, show it a slight incline and get the boot down and these things will sail well under 30mpg, im in no doubt about it.

Off boost MPG figures are very attractive, but in any event, we dont buy these hot-hatches to dirve like a nun with 9 points :)

I think some people ignore the fact that the future is smaller turbo engines, by the time the Clio 4 comes out, even F1 will be running Turbo'd 1.6's so you won't be seeing the f4r around for too much longer.

When you're paying £260 a year tax and getting low teens mpg any way of creating similar power with fewer associated costs imo is welcome.

Like ive said above, it might on the face of it look cheap, but do you think car manufacturers are going to start producing cars that are cheaper to run if they dont have to?

Newer models are generally more expensive to buy parts for/service generally look after.

Running a car is far from cheap and its not going to get any cheaper, you may save slightly on road tax but they WILL get you elsewhere.

You never beat city hall!

Da

Less
They don't really have a choice. The 197/200 are pathetic on conumption, the next rs will be a smaller engined turbo imo.

Very true, but why does anyone buy a 2.0 hot hatch for MPG? In my opinion, they don't - they buy it for a host of reasons and MPG is probably bottom of the list.

GTD, Lupo
I got my 200 as a stepping stone for the next RS clio. I saw the above picture in Auto express last year and really wanted it. Was gutted when i found out it wasnt due till around 2011 so i got my 200 for the time being. As soon as a date is set for the next gen clio sport i will be putting an order in if it looks like the above (kinda dont think it will :( unfortunatly )

Gorms

to even think this is remotely accurate is plain stupid.

Does that mean im not stupid? The cars never look like the photochops. But like i said if they get it anywhere near that i would be more than happy to cash in the 200. Only problem i can see between now and then is the misses wanting kids and needing a bigger car. Oh well the meg will do :D

Gorms

Surely that's just a Seat? Wheels scream Leon Cupra.
they scream twingo.
Does that mean im not stupid? The cars never look like the photochops. But like i said if they get it anywhere near that i would be more than happy to cash in the 200. Only problem i can see between now and then is the misses wanting kids and needing a bigger car. Oh well the meg will do :D

Gorms
each to their own.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Just go on google and type in clio 2011 and loads of stuff come up.

Gonna quote this picture again :D

renault-clio-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is mostly made up of Megane concept art

This is the matching front concept for that image, looks HORRIBLE!

renault-clio-sport-2011.jpg

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I like the concept, does this mean we have to go through yet another plethera of front end haters coming around to modern looks all over again :dapprove: ;)