ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS K-tec exhaust vids

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Each to their own. I think they've dropped a bollock tbh.

hopefully that engine is as good as it sounds and makes an appearance in something better than a Clio and a juke

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like a 3 cylinder diesel go-kart? Shame because I really like these!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sounds bit iffy, but i know exhaust tone is hard to capture. However, on launch control it sounds epic!

Not a 320d
I think they have it spot on this time round.

Except for the gearbox, which basically makes the car s**t.

Dont like Ktec because they are f*****s but it does sound good.

320d
Sounds good but as above, any of us can floor it in auto.

To be fair it's not exactly hard to drive a manual car quickly in a straight line. Foot down, couple of hundred rpm before the limiter change up and repeat.

I like the control of a manual box for general driving but for a sprint an auto is great.

Clio 182
Seen one in the flesh in Italy, looked like an other Clio to me, nothing too spectacular about it, complete downgrade from a 200 in regards to looks I think and I loved my 200 but would never consider one of these. Although on launch this thing sounds pretty awesome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Am I the only one that doesn't think it sounds anything decent? Then again for the price that Akrapovic exhaust was on the 200 it sounded s**t!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
These have grown on me a little, but I still don't like that abortion of a gearbox & what's with the engine sounds through the speakers :(

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It sounds ok. I have a ktec exhaust on my 182, always thought it lacked character to be honest

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It sounds ok. I have a ktec exhaust on my 182, always thought it lacked character to be honest

I think it's hard to get some decent sound from the Clio. A simple exhaust on the ST gives so much character to the car, popping on downshift, crackling away when you want it. Something the Trophy never gave me even with an aftermarket exhaust.

A Yozza and decat etc might be fun but compromise is hard to find. That's why I find Milltek so good. I also think a lot of character comes from manifold change.

Tangoed Works
Sounds pretty Awesome. Have only just seen 1 ly going the opposite way on the m25. These are uber rare. Tbh you don't see that many 197 or 200 each day and I do 85 miles a day.

I would love to give one of these a test drive. I just don't get the hate.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
please tell me that horrible click you can hear on the interior vids isn't the gearshift paddles? That'd be more annoying than a clicking keyboard. Soft click FTW

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Am I the only one that doesn't think it sounds anything decent? Then again for the price that Akrapovic exhaust was on the 200 it sounded s**t!

You're not the only one, i can't understand how these guys think it sounds awesome. Sounds like s**t imo!

Sounds like it revs to 5000rpm and then shifts....

Cup In bits
What turbo car doesn't sound good on launch control though?

It just whistles like a tractor the rest of the time. Corsa VXR sound > Clio

BMW E36 328
Really do like the new RS Clio. Seen a few knocking about only in yellow though but they look great

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
I think they have it spot on this time round.

Except for the gearbox, which basically makes the car s**t.

Dont like Ktec because they are f**kers but it does sound good.

why are they f*****s ? they develop interesting products and set standard with quality and service stop giving them a bad name!