ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200

Clio 197
Hiya,

Some of you will remember the cupped 182 I had a few years ago...

...now I have a few questions regarding the 197/200:

1) How does the cupped 197/200 compare to the cupped 182 in terms of comfort and everyday usage

2) I have read that the 200 has had a few suspension tweaks... is that for both cupped and std versions, or only for the cup pack?

3) Is 15k a good price for the full fat version?

Ta,

Oms. :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I drove one at the weekend (200)not a cup version though,went like rocket

1.Very comfy

2.Suspension felt very planted(should do only had 300 miles on the clock

3.Yes very

Tony.

Tangoed Works
Hiya,

Some of you will remember the cupped 182 I had a few years ago...

...now I have a few questions regarding the 197/200:

1) How does the cupped 197/200 compare to the cupped 182 in terms of comfort and everyday usage

2) I have read that the 200 has had a few suspension tweaks... is that for both cupped and std versions, or only for the cup pack?

3) Is 15k a good price for the full fat version?

Ta,

Oms. :)

night and day i would imagine! 15k is not bad at all.

Clio 197
Oms! How the f**k are you?

No idea about the questions, but its good to see your name again!

LOL - Uncle foobs! How are ya? :D

Sorry... I've been SO busy you wouldn't believe (I have to work for a living now). That + I have a steady girlfriend = no posts from oms.

Clio 197
Ta for the replies.

I'm just umming and arring between Cup and Std suspension.

I had the 182 cup and it was fine... a few people have said that the 197 cup is way harder. No sure if that's the case tho.

Clio 197
^^

To think that EXACTLY 5 years ago, I picked up a 182 for £13k - and it had all the trimmings. Jeez, what's happened to prices heh?

^^

To think that EXACTLY 5 years ago, I picked up a 182 for £13k - and it had all the trimmings. Jeez, what's happened to prices heh?

£12,590 for my ff182 in arctic from dealers brand spanking new....cant believe now how good a deal it was....miss my 182!

VW Caddy Van
Seen a Clio 200 in Black in Parks today and it looks saweet this one was a full fat with cup chasis for £15k

I want! Looks so much fatter than the 197, if i could have afforded it i'd have left a deposit their and then!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
I saw the black 200 at Arnold Clark (Peat Rd) and already had swirl marks on it sitting in the showroom feck buying a black car.

Mini Cooper S sport
Blimey, hello Oms!! It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time. Good to see your name again :)

(You may know me better as Metallic Black/Racing Blue, has it been that long?)

Are you going for a 200 then?

I specced up a LY 200 on line today with Recaros cup suspension and a few other bits. £19,765. So £15k is a bargain

Like this...

I took this yesterday at brandshatch, don't like it tbh
clio2001.jpg

clio2002.jpg

Monaco 172 (02)
I saw one today!
Its the Eistedfodd (welsh festival) opposite my work and Renault have a green one on display which is quite random!
I think its stunning but I seem to be one of the rare ones! LY is awesome IMO

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
The front reminds me of the Rover Streetwise pmsl.... I think its due to the colour of the front bumpers lol.

ff 182
The front reminds me of the Rover Streetwise pmsl.... I think its due to the colour of the front bumpers lol.
..lol the name does it for me "200" hate that.........i know its a bhp thing but 197 sounds cool...............200 sounds roverish

Clio 197
:dead:
Blimey, hello Oms!! It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time. Good to see your name again :)

(You may know me better as Metallic Black/Racing Blue, has it been that long?)

Are you going for a 200 then?

Hello! Yep... most likely going for one (although a nearly new golf GTI did cross my mind).

How are you then? I see you've gone to the dark side...

172cup
I popped into my local renault today for a bit chat with the sales people. Guy reckons he can do 200 cup for 15k and might be able to put paint in for free. But speedlines and recaros full price. So looking at 16k with 5% apr.

Debating whether to order one or be a cheap skate and get an r26. When I drove the r26 and r27 back to back I preferred the r27. Sales guy reckons they are on waiting list for a demo.

Hmmm.

Mini Cooper S sport
:dead:

Hello! Yep... most likely going for one (although a nearly new golf GTI did cross my mind).

How are you then? I see you've gone to the dark side...

YAY! Would rather have a 200 than a GTI I think. Have you still got the bike as well?

Am fine hun, still here! It's not reaaaalllly the dark side, I'm still in the Renault sport family, and I certainly don't regret getting the Meg :cool:

Glad to hear you're all loved up!

Clio 197
^^

Bahahaa - loved up?! :O :O

I'm jealous - your Meg is the car I always wanted to have. I bought one of the early 225s but was horrified by the handling. That was all sorted after I sold it (sods law, with the Meg Trophy), and since then I feel as if I was robbed TBH.

I've still got a bike... I've had a few since my 182, so I can't remember which one you saw... but it's probably going next month (to make way for the new red beast).

PS Did I just give away the colour... whoops. :p

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Seen a Clio 200 in Black in Parks today and it looks saweet this one was a full fat with cup chasis for £15k

I want! Looks so much fatter than the 197, if i could have afforded it i'd have left a deposit their and then!

Hows that then, when they are essentially the same?

clio sport f1 r27
how much am i looking at for getting the wheels and difuser with exhaust tips or backbox for my r27?????