ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - The last NA

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The op has a point tbh. As hot hatches go their all boosted now, the 200 was the last NA hot hatch. That's not to say the new 200 won't be as good (even though its fugly) but it does have a snail attached this time

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Seems unlikely manufacturers will ever go back to N/A for performance use in a hatchback so yes I reckon it could well be the last mainstream N/A proper hot hatch.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not sure why but i never saw the 197 or 200 as a hot hatch,

in my head hot hatches are 205 gtis, renault 5s and things like novas.. maybe im showing my age.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
not sure why but i never saw the 197 or 200 as a hot hatch,

in my head hot hatches are 205 gtis, renault 5s and things like novas.. maybe im showing my age.

I sort of view it the same way in that to me its too big and modern to feel like a "proper" hot hatch to me, I do prefer the old school stuff, 172 is as modern as I get really with my interest in cars! Even though Ive drive a 200 on track and its definately everything a hatch should be in terms of the handling and revvy engine etc.

Meh. A hot hatch is a hot version of a regular hatchback. That is all. Because not stuck in past.

As for oversteer. My boosted bus oversteers more on track than my Clio did.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
0.8 > 0

Its just the rest of you/your car that fails, not the amount of boost pressure

Buy a 172 and do trackdays with us all!

LOL!

And yes, I'll be looking for a cup around summer time. Sort of caught the bug at Llandow :)