ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - Tell me everything. Sell them to me.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
p**n :hail:

170911-030-1.jpg

Although it needs the cup spoiler imho ...

That's the bloke I bought mine from, seems he has a slow and steady turnover of these going through. Recommended if you're looking for a used one.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not to piss on your chips chris, but my 200 was 5 weeks late....

Lol.

Meh. Ah well, Twingo for LM it is!

If you go for UR Chris, you will be my hero. Best colour for 200s.

It's a done deal. I didn't even (and wouldn't) pick the colour myself... until we saw one at the dealership. They look insanely good in the metal.

p**n :hail:

170911-030-1.jpg

Although it needs the cup spoiler imho ...

Same spec as ours will be, except we have Recaros, black projector lights and rear tints.

No spoiler FTW.

Turbo LY R27
I cant stop looking at these f*cking things on Autotrader, going to have to try another proper CUP version on Saturday i think ... FFS.

Once you spend some time with the mk3's you realise how good they are. The mk2's are brilliant cars but the new models do it all better imo. Maybe another test drive or 2 will get you more settled :) Ive got both and they are different drives, much prefer my r27 but still never disappointed driving my 182! Most people seem to find once they have them for a little while, they start unlocking the potential of them and thats when they become a great car! Best of luck dude.

320d

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Common problem supposedly, I know they come with warrenty but i'd be damned if I paid £20k for a car that potentially may nuke itself and all the hassle of getting it sorted...

I noticed that earlier actually!!

Dodgy cambelts & gearboxes made of cheese, almost like being back 7 years ago in my 306 Rallye lol ...

In all seriousness, im actually loving the commute in the 330 atm, auto barge + keeping the Trophy is quite possibly the most sensible/cheapest option.

Perhaps if i cleaned the Trophy/did a trackday in it, id fall in love with it again ;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I noticed that earlier actually!!

Dodgy cambelts & gearboxes made of cheese, almost like being back 7 years ago in my 306 Rallye lol ...

In all seriousness, im actually loving the commute in the 330 atm, auto barge + keeping the Trophy is quite possibly the most sensible/cheapest option.

Perhaps if i cleaned the Trophy/did a trackday in it, id fall in love with it again ;)

You know this is what you'll do!

Lee

BMW M2C
I can't believe how much better the 200 is over the 197. I couldn't decide what to replace my Cup with, and knew the 200 was considerably better, but I didn't realise how much better. Steering feel alone is a massive improvement, and the pull from low down makes swift progress a lot easier. The whole package has a more direct and adjustable feel to it, the 197 never gave me the same amount of confidence as my Trophy or 182.

As has been said, watch the paint. Mine is spot on, and the black roof looks amazing with the other gloss black bits. My 197 on the other hand was a mess and had to have 2 panels repainted from new.

Plus, they look the b****cks. Needs a GT spoiler though Chris, makes the rear look even wider.

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodstreet/sets/72157628842416693/

6686143603_863f867c89_b.jpg

Clio_200_001 by RodStreet, on Flickr

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love Silver and Nimbus on the 200. Superb colours.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nimbus or Mercury. Both look great but Nimbus just looks that little bit more special.

No idea why.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
On the Silverstone Mercury just works so well. Gorms' is one of my favourites on the forum. I always look at colours from a detailing pov usually and I love Silver on sporty cars.