ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Insurance over a 1*2...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Has anyone thats made the change from a 1*2 to a 200 noticed a reduction in insurance, as i understand it the 200's a group 15E compared to the 16/17 that is the 1*2/Trophy?

I was a little suprised seeing the 200 £50 cheaper than my 182, fuel to the fire for wanting! :eek:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yup, very cheap, £350 iirc. But I think it's more to do with me being old.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, my 197 was cheaper than my proper cup by £50. I'll need that for the less mpg ;)

Megane 225 F1
Even though it's a lower insurance group, the insurance cost must be larger as the cost of the car is ALOT dearer therefore more money needed to be paid out incase of a write off. Or do I just not understand insurance and crawl back under a rock.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My 200 quotes are coming out around £100 cheaper than my current 182 quotes.

Wierd, guess the 182's are getting a bad rep for claims now they are affordable though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Daniel if you buy one i'll fully detail it for free! :eek:

Danielhadaoneseventwohada182nowhasa200.

Quotes for a 200 with me are coming out £300 cheaper.

Current 172 insurance (£1k excess): £1200
New Clio 200 Cup (£500 excess): £900

Im with Admiral atm, and the 200 quote was also done with Admiral

Bear in mind, im a 21 year old University student. Clean licence and will have 2 years NCB in February.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Even though it's a lower insurance group, the insurance cost must be larger as the cost of the car is ALOT dearer therefore more money needed to be paid out incase of a write off. Or do I just not understand insurance and crawl back under a rock.

I bet there is not much cost between a 182 bumper and a 200 bumper brand spankers.

So where as if i a 182 needs say £2.5k of work it would be written off?? (bigger cost)

But if a 200 needed £2.5k of work it wouldn't.

So unless the car is a total write off i'd say a 200 is cheaper?