ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Cup; Not liked by Dad....

monaco 172
must be something about dads and air con lol.

i went to look at a 172 cup and my dad was like no u arent buyin a car without aircon lol. Im like i never used it in my last car anyway

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That just makes you a massive gay.

It's hardly a stripped out race prepped car is it? It's a Clio with a bit of extra power.

The whole point of them is that they're good for everyday driving.

But its not. Not for me anyway. Not that I care really, I hardly drive it! lol.

WAIT A SECOND.

Your Mum & Dad aren't 60 yet?!

Cheeky b*****d.

Must have been a teenage pregnancy......being in Bristol an all.

See above.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
my dad loved the 200 and he used to knick the keys for the megane all the time......the abarth is the one he isn't so keen of, says its girlie and sounds like a mouse coughing

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My step dad likes borrowing my WRX, it's nothing special but he's had a few in the past and has a soft spot for them.

He even did a swap with me last week, he had my car for 5 days and I had his 911 :) Didn't want to give it back though when time was up :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What does your Missus think about going from a £40k Audi to a £15k Clio? Lol.

Well tecnically she went from a £28k audi, to a £1000 Astra SRI, THEN to a £15k Clio. So in reality, she's moving up the ladder.... (After falling off!)

She likes the Clio. We were scared s**tless about leaving the Audi anywhere, she wouldn't take it to her mates house which was in the bronx after one of her neighbours told her that if she brought it over again, they'd put the windows through. Worried about kerbing the wheels etc etc etc.

Clio suits her fine now. Oh, and she's now £260 a month better off!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I despise peugeot 206's. With a fcuking passion.

Every one i've had has fcuked up one way or another.

Jap Box
My dad drove my car once, bearing in mind hes only ever driven cars that are 1.6 engine or larger, did 2 miles, pulled over and goes "im not driving this anymore, its f**king scary" although my tracking was well off at this point and my brakes were shafted so he did have a point.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well tecnically she went from a £28k audi, to a £1000 Astra SRI, THEN to a £15k Clio. So in reality, she's moving up the ladder.... (After falling off!)

She likes the Clio. We were scared s**tless about leaving the Audi anywhere, she wouldn't take it to her mates house which was in the bronx after one of her neighbours told her that if she brought it over again, they'd put the windows through. Worried about kerbing the wheels etc etc etc.

Clio suits her fine now. Oh, and she's now £260 a month better off!!

what audi did she have?

Giulietta 940
My Dad is a bit of a car snob, and will only buy german (progressively worse from Corrado VR6 all the way down to BMW 120i). However, I secretly think he likes my 182 as he always asks to borrow it to "pop into town".

That and the fact his current BMW is tiny, uncomforable and slow.

VaVa
you dad is 57? He must've knocked your mum up when they were 12? you at least 45 motherfucker!!

FLOL! Instantly thought of bad Boys II lol

My mum hates my Clio. She hated it when it was new and standard. Now it's a bit lower and a bit noisier, she detests it. My missus is driving it atm as we're looking for a new car (got any Seat Leon's in, Dan?!) and she's actually embarrassed to drive it. She tries to hide! LOL

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
  • Dad - thinks the clutch is too heavy
  • Mum - scares the s**t out of her, great to get her to scream taking corners at light speed :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bit of both tbf.

Dads just gone cool again (ish) and sacked off his Merc auto and bought a Saab Aero HOT.

I'm sort of cool (ish) by driving a hot hatch but don't actually like driving it as i'd prefer a nice diesel auto estate.

Last edited:
  Arctic 182 & PB 172
My folks live in Perth Australia so i havent been able to take my dad out in the 182. I could give it welly with my dad in but i drive like a chauffeur with my mum in the car. She likes a bit of speed but not going "look mum...look how i can take this b road corner at 80!!"

Clio 182
Similar thing happened to me, working with the old man in west wales, drove up my the 182, he was sitting there with his fingers in his years, complaining about the high revs and cruising speed, and was telling me how there is no speed advantage to revving a car when overtaking, he then proceeded to tell me he had a friend who could drive really fast by never go over 3000rpm