ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2.0 VVT 138bhp

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
A 182 will do that, maybe a little more.

The fact that very few 138's were sold tells you why it isn't the best of engine options tbh. Much rather have a mapped DCI 106.

i agree a mapped dci106 is the better choice but modded vs standard isnt really an ideal comparions.

a 182 will do the same mpg yes but remember the mk3 is a big heavy beast of a car, my dci 106 was 10mpg down on my dci100 and my 200 is about 10mpg down on my 172's. The 138 isnt about having a detuned 2.0 16v under your bonnet for the sake of it, its an extremely big smooth engine, very torquey and refined not a high reving monster like the F4R! however there just isnt a market for an engine like that in these cars, maby in a scenic or something like that but still smaller CC turbo or a decent powered diesel would be my engine of choice!

Clio 197 F1
I used to own one a few years ago. It was a nice car but if you can afford the 197 then get that as this car it NOT a hot hatch. If you need any information just drop me a PM.

DSC_0247.jpg

Here is a speedo vid (bare in mind I was 18 when I had this so it did have an induction kit lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 138 Dynamique S
the 2.0 138 will do 40mpg on a good motorway run at 70mph where the 2.0 200 will do 28mpg - however a remapped 1.2 tce with 130hp will do 50mpg

Got 50MPG out of mine on the motorway, was at 52 for a whole but couldn't keep the foot steady :p

Clio rs 200
I'd deffinately re-check with admiral fella as I am in the same situation, 20 years old, 3 speeding points, 2 recorded crashes (lesson definitely learned by now) and on admiral multicar my insurance came to £1063

Megane R26
We had a Meg CC, with that engine, for a few months, on the way from an MX5 (after we had kids and the 2 seater had to go) to the current 225 Meg. TBH it was a pretty flat engine, esp in the CC, neither fast nor economical, and I soon got bored, esp as it rained all summer and the window seals dripped water in, and a RS beckoned.

GW Stage 2 R26
I'd get a 182 all day long if I was you.. All of the benefits non of the draw backs.. 34mpg all day long

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
We had a Meg CC, with that engine, for a few months, on the way from an MX5 (after we had kids and the 2 seater had to go) to the current 225 Meg. TBH it was a pretty flat engine, esp in the CC, neither fast nor economical, and I soon got bored, esp as it rained all summer and the window seals dripped water in, and a RS beckoned.
What year cc. the Nissan engine ain't bad. Not sure what its out of. but everything is stamped Nissan.Even if you work for renault its a Nissan oil filter.

Megane R26
What year cc. the Nissan engine ain't bad. Not sure what its out of. but everything is stamped Nissan.Even if you work for renault its a Nissan oil filter.
It was on an 03 plate, it was possibly a Renault show car, had a body kit on it, we got it early 07 with about 1000 miles on the clock. Think it had been sat around for a while before anyone did anything with it!

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Polo's are also expensive! 5k+ for one thats Corsa 1.6T Territory and they remap to 225 !

Ive heard that the injectors are already maxed out in the corsa, so a map can make them pretty unreliable? + Its a vauxhall.
Get a 197.