ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Questions.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey there.

I dont know if some of you know but i crashed my 182 and now im looking for another cliosport.

There is barly anymore baked beans out and about with both cup packs so ive been thinking about getting a 197.

What i want to know is do i get all the extras that i get inside a 182 inside the 197 ??

Do i get..

• Cruise Control
  • Auto Headlights
  • Auto Wipers
  • Climate Control
Also, do you get the anthracite wheels ?

Is there a certain name for this type ? Is it Cup Packed ?

I know nothing about 197s. All your help is really appreciated.

Thanks, Sam!

Clio 197
197 FF - silver wheels, keyless entry & go, cruise, auto lights, auto wipers, optional climate, optional cornering lamps (with projectors) optional cornering lamps (with xenons & wash), optional Cabasse, optional sunroof, optional rear privacy glass, optional Recaros, optional Cup Pack (anthracite wheels, cup suspension, red Brembos (instead of silver), optional Speedlines

197 Cup - bog basic, anthracite wheels, cup suspension, red Brembos, few accessories available, I think only A/C, Recaros, Speedlines

Anthracite wheels may have been an option on the FF, loads seem to have them, even without cup pack.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
197.......... - silver wheels, keyless entry & go, cruise, auto lights, auto wipers, optional climate, optional cornering lamps (with projectors) optional cornering lamps (with xenons & wash), optional Cabasse, optional sunroof, optional rear privacy glass, optional Recaros, optional Cup Pack (anthracite wheels, cup suspension, red Brembos (instead of silver), optional Speedlines

197 Cup - bog basic, anthracite wheels, cup suspension, red Brembos, few accessories available, I think only A/C, Recaros, Speedlines

Anthracite wheels may have been an option on the FF, loads seem to have them, even without cup pack.

Edited. No such thing as a ff (sorry its one of my hates) How can full fat apply to a car thats not fully loaded. In 182 history a 182 ff was deemed a 182 with all cup options, ie fully loaded = full fat ;)

Somehow its been lost in translation..............

Anthricite alloys weren't an option, just loads of peeps get them refurbed in that colour (by choice) as the standard silver flakes really easily

Disastra Coupe
Sorry to steal the thread a little. But my 172 (not a cup)... Is it classed as a full fat or not? Has climate control etc but no cruise control or sat nav.

Disastra Coupe
It's a 172 or a 172 cup. No other choices.

I did wonder. Get's a bit confusing with 182 FF, 182, 182 Cup, 172, 172 Cup haha. Thanks :)

Is a 182 with both Cup packs a FF then? I've searched this btw but seem to get more confused lol.

Bux

Golf GTD
I did wonder. Get's a bit confusing with 182 FF, 182, 182 Cup, 172, 172 Cup haha. Thanks :)

Is a 182 with both Cup packs a FF then? I've searched this btw but seem to get more confused lol.

Yes. A 182 with both cup packs is the FF

Im thinking of getting a 197 do not know much about them going to have a look on the 197 forum...

The only thing im worried about is petrol consumption... doing calculations going from my clio... getting about 40mpg ...

The 197 gets about 25-30mpg right? I know for sure the petrol consumption will definatly rise going to any sport... but im not sure if the 197 will drink petrol?

Steve you beat me to it the red R27 is the best option although will need to check the options ticked e.g Climate control type of headlights etc.

Guysy, the petrol consumption depends on what type of driving you do. I get about 25 mpg around town and over 34 mpg for longer runs and motorway cruising. Like any car as soon as you hit the loud pedal heavily the consumption rockets. Depends on how many miles you drive a month. I get about 350 miles out of a tankful which was about £60.00 to fill.

Clio 1970000000
Auto lights and auto wipers are not standard on a 197 but cruise control is. Don't buy one if you are worried about fuel consumption. Go and drive one is my advice.

Clio 182
How can a 182 cup be called an FF? That makes no sense as it already has a name.. Cup? I thought FF was a 182 with the cup packs and all the toys? Climate etc.

Bux

Golf GTD
Guysy, the petrol consumption depends on what type of driving you do. I get about 25 mpg around town and over 34 mpg for longer runs and motorway cruising. Like any car as soon as you hit the loud pedal heavily the consumption rockets. Depends on how many miles you drive a month. I get about 350 miles out of a tankful which was about £60.00 to fill.

I've only had mine for a few days and I'm getting around the same. On the first day (having a play) I had 20mpg, but on the drive to work (mixture of country roads and traffic) I got 30mpg.

The best mpg i got was when i was driving my gran home (20 miles btw), which got me 36mpg. That kinda puts into perspective how you have to drive to get good fuel consumption in these!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Who buys a 2.0 litre n/a petrol engine and worries about fuel? :S

Swift Sport
- 10-12 Mpg on track
- Low 20's on A-B roads
- High 20's on the motorway

Great cars, I'd have another.

R26/200 Raider
Get a 197 cup.I have never had as much fun in a little car in all my life. The noise from the exhaust is awesome.The handling is out of this world. :D

Clio 1970000000
- 10-12 Mpg on track
- Low 20's on A-B roads
- High 20's on the motorway

Great cars, I'd have another.

Going off topic slightly, I remember reading that you were wondering what to do with your 197 a few months ago. Obviously you sold it. It was such a minter so why did you get rid of it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For what it is, the 197/200's are diabolical on fuel. I've recently been driving a mapped Cupra 225 Leon and the fuel computer is reading 31mpg. I cannot physically get my 200 over 26 mpg. Thats bad.

But as its been stated, I didn't buy it for fuel reasons, I bought it because its hilarious to drive on a Back road at full pelt. Proper cars. :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 200 trip computer can be ignored. Mine says 27mpg. Last tank I got over 400 miles, not possible at 27mpg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The 200 trip computer can be ignored. Mine says 27mpg. Last tank I got over 400 miles, not possible at 27mpg.

I can't comment on that because I don't put fuel in so the only option i have is the computer!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

He stated he didnt know if anthracite wheels were an option, i take that as being on their own. Anthracite alloys are part of the cup option.

Anyway, i average around 30 on the trip. Thats a mix of A/B road driving. Main journey is a 35 mile round trip. My last 197 was around 28 ish, but that had the earlier ratios.
People moaning about fuel, what MPG do CTR's get, id say the same?

Nimbus R27
I only do town driving really....and get 21 mpg. If I do a long trip my average goes up to around 24, but then obviously slowly drops back when im towning it again!

As said though, I bought it for the fun factor not to worry about consumption. It is pretty bad though considering I was getting about the same in my M3!

Swift Sport
Going off topic slightly, I remember reading that you were wondering what to do with your 197 a few months ago. Obviously you sold it. It was such a minter so why did you get rid of it?

Sore point really lol, I sold it to move out with the gf... Now she's f*cking my mate. Last time I make any kind of commitment. lol

Clio 1970000000
Sore point really lol, I sold it to move out with the gf... Now she's f*cking my mate. Last time I make any kind of commitment. lol

WTF. Feel for you Ste. Even a french sh1tbox will give you less grief than a woman. Cheaper in the long run to get a hooker for the night :evil:

There is a 197 down my local Renault dealer, usually i wouldn't go for a dealer but the price on this one is fairly decent... i can afford it but i have other options so im holding fire for the moment, i love the car, but because im fairly young i think id be better off with a 182FF or something else, or waiting a few months.

July this year i will be 21, after Nov this year ill be 21 and have 4 years NCB... its probably worth waiting till then for a much much lower insurance quote... atm its £1450 on either a 197 or 182.. its a fair bit of money than what id usually call a decent price, but i am fed up of waiting for a new car... 3 years im kind of bored now...

Also reading parkers...it says cat 1 alarm, approved... can i click this option on insurance sites? or does the numberplate or car already take that into factor?... suppose theres no harm in clicking it if its true...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Im thinking of getting a 197 do not know much about them going to have a look on the 197 forum...

The only thing im worried about is petrol consumption... doing calculations going from my clio... getting about 40mpg ...

The 197 gets about 25-30mpg right? I know for sure the petrol consumption will definatly rise going to any sport... but im not sure if the 197 will drink petrol?
MPG depends on how heavy you are with your throttle. I only got around 28mpg but then in the 172 I can only get about 33-34mpg normally.

The standard options aren't as good as most think, you get air con, cruise and speed control, and thats pretty much it. Auto lights/wipers were an option not standard, climate was an option standard was an aircon button, xenons were an option, the Recaro's were an £800+ option (but well worth the extra imo) etc etc. Like a few have said a good one to go for is the R27 as they had the cup pack, xenons, recaro's etc on them standard. I loved my 197 when I had it, and would defo consider it a good move from a 182 tbh.

Also, if you can afford the 197 its cheaper to insure than a 1*2 I know from experience, so probably a better option for younger drivers surprisingly.

Cheers Kneel just reading everything i can atm, for petrol comments, its true if anyone was looking for a car good on petrol you wouldn't go for a 2l hot hatch... petrol is just something to extra to consider, i think the car on the outside looks amazing, the inside lacks some things for me, im not too bothered about the gadgets but the inside looks a bit cheap to me, i like the mk2 interior better but of course its a different model, Recaros would be a fantastic upgrade though...