ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clio 197 or clio 182?

What would you rather have?

Votes: 607 39.8%
  • 172/182

Votes: 917 60.2%

• Total voters
  ST
:rasp:
If I could have afforded to keep the 197 along with the Trophy and 225, then I would. It was a fantastic motor, and I miss the luxury it offered.

We felt the Trophy would have been a better weekend car and use the 225 for the longer journeys.

Fair play having two RS's never mind 3..tbh if i was going back to MK2 RS it'd be a Trophy..172/182's IMO are old hat now.

If Uncle Bob comes up to you and says, in my left hand I have the keys to a 182 and in my right, the keys to a 197.

Anyone who takes the 182 is a weirdo. I dont see any reason at all on that basis to pick a 182. Obviously a lot of it comes down to money. If you have £6k to spend you wont be looking at 197s, same as if you have £10k you wont be looking at 182's.

But side by side, 197 vs 182. The 197 is a better car. The people arguing against that are in the river in Egypt TBH.

TBH the poll results so far look like the question reads "which car do you currently have?"

Retards FTL. Opinions are one thing, but I refuse to believe that given the choice Revels outlined above, that 60% of people would choose the old rattly chav wagon.

Turbo LY R27
TBH the poll results so far look like the question reads "which car do you currently have?"

Retards FTL. Opinions are one thing, but I refuse to believe that given the choice Revels outlined above, that 60% of people would choose the old rattly chav wagon.

+1 unless.....you were a chav!!:eek:

Not understanding simple keyless FTL lol:D

b/g 182, meg tourer
i love my ff182 but i would rather have a 197. better build quality, good brake setup just a better car.

b/g 182, meg tourer

i own a 182 and voted for the 197 in the poll.

im honest and the 197 (imo) is a better all round car.

White clique
If Uncle Bob comes up to you and says, in my left hand I have the keys to a 182 and in my right, the keys to a 197.

Anyone who takes the 182 is a weirdo. I dont see any reason at all on that basis to pick a 182. Obviously a lot of it comes down to money. If you have £6k to spend you wont be looking at 197s, same as if you have £10k you wont be looking at 182's.

But side by side, 197 vs 182. The 197 is a better car. The people arguing against that are in the river in Egypt TBH.

you've hit the nail on the head there :D

I can understand that people are fond of 182s, but if a 182 owner won a 197 in a competition, its so obvious they'd keep it.

clio 172 sport ph2

ok i've got the keys to a mk1 golf gti and the keys to a mk2 golf gti...... which one do u choose? they're both brilliant cars in their own way so u choose the one u like best!

i can't believe u find it so hard to believe that people would choose a 1*2 over a 197, i personally would coz i think it looks alot meaner!

bottom line it's different strokes for different folks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
in the nile. say it a few times over ;) maybe with a bit of an egyptian accent.

funnily enough the % for both cars is pretty much exactly the same as the last thread! how spooky!

ok i've got the keys to a mk1 golf gti and the keys to a mk2 golf gti...... which one do u choose? they're both brilliant cars in their own way so u choose the one u like best!

i can't believe u find it so hard to believe that people would choose a 1*2 over a 197, i personally would coz i think it looks alot meaner!

bottom line it's different strokes for different folks

Dont know anything about Golfs and its not really relevant when both are 20? years old.

lol, a lot meaner? Really? The 1*2 to 99% of people looks just like a Clio that your Mum takes to the shops. Take the badges off and even more people wouldnt notice. You cant fail to notice a 197.

The 197's look faaar meaner. Especially lower and with some spacers. The Clios dont look mean standard.

Bottom line its people who have a 1*2 and refuse to believe that the 197 is a better car.

Was a 197
standing at the side of a 197 and it looks a pretty normal car, THEN look at it from the front and it looks mean, those flared wheel arches are awesome, the car begging to be driven hard

320d
My next car will 99% be a 172.

However if my finances would allow I would have a 197 over any other RS Clio.

Far more rounded product imo.

Hopefully own one in a few years.

Renaultsport 200
Most pointless poll ever. I would imagine 1*2 owners are voting for 1*2's and 197 owners voting for 197's.

White clique
^^ on the what car do you own poll, we have only 34 197 owners, but there are 169 who say they'd rather have the 197 on this one, so I think the poll is prob fairly well balanced.

There will always be some who havent driven either the 197 or the 182 (or either) who will rubbish one of them.

Megane R26
197 by far for me. I think the 182 may be more fun to drive, but the 197 is better to live with.

The interior on the 182 is a bit dated now too.

white 197 CUP
197's all the way they look sick. everyone comments on it and when ppl walk past it on my street they actually stop and look at it. buzzing, im super pleased with mine

197 by far for me. I think the 182 may be more fun to drive, but the 197 is better to live with.

The interior on the 182 is a bit dated now too.

I disagree, I think the trim materials (seats etc) and dash design in the 182 is nice; the interior on the 197 is probably one of the least signs of progress (ie I think the exterior is a bigger leap). However the 182 does feel cramped compared to the 197, espeically in the back (in the 197 it's actually a nice car to ride in sat in the back).

Last edited:
  clio 182 sport
i remember test driving a 197 when they first came out and i was dissapointed. the main let down for me was the interior dont like the cabin at all. the dash is just to big plain and plasticy the dash in my 182 is compact solid and atractive not just because im a owner but 172+182 for me.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well as of today i can honestly say the Trophy is a fond yet distant memory.

Anyone who slates the 197 really needs to have a long drive or do a trackday in one.

Today the Cup took trackday fun to a new level, out the box with no brake upgrades or sticky tyres it was a revelation.

Steve...RS's are so last year. This is where its at ;)
DSC_2494_2.jpg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes mate take your time on that beast.

I lost 2 good mates last yr due to bike accidents, so not an option for me, have full licence as well:eek:

astra coupe on coilovers
197's all the way they look sick. everyone comments on it and when ppl walk past it on my street they actually stop and look at it. buzzing, im super pleased with mine
they look sick lmao do you hang around on mcdonalds carpark by any chance :rasp:

182 Trophy
they look sick lmao do you hang around on mcdonalds carpark by any chance :rasp:

lmao, i was thinking the same
but then thought again, unless hes that chav who won the lottery, how would the state buy him a 197?

no contest IMO, purely from a spectators angle, 197.

Ok the back is a bit iffy but the quality or the interior etc is steps ahead of the mk2

impreza sti prodrive
personaly i prefer the looks & stance of the 172/182 ph2's.

i can see were renault were going with the looks on the 197 but after driving my mams mk3 clio dynamique i hate the feel of them.