ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 not sitting level

Clio RS 197 - RED
Hi a while ago i needed my FR suspension changed and i have now after months of questioning her odd scary handling spotted she sits 7mm lower on the FR and 7mm higher RearLeft My rear Axle is def straight as already been changed so im now convinced the used parts place sent me a CUP version shock absorb, hub and spring without knowing prop came off a 197 with cup upgrade so the dossy tw*ts wouldnt of known..

Right i need to know can i just change the 7mm lower cup Spring to a Standard 197 spring to bring ger level again or do i also have to change the Cup Shock aswell to get her to sit level?

Ie. The CUP shock does it effect the ride height? Being i know the CUP cars sit 7mm lower.. I know the springs are 7mm shorter but what about Shocks

if its just the spring then im gonna change all the springs to H&r springs but wanna know before hand so i only visit mecahnic in one hit..

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
The cup shock absorber won't affect the hight, that will be the spring - however you will still need to change it as the dampers are uprated (+15%?) on the cup models. It may well sit level but will ride funny due to the differing damping rates

Clio RS 197 - RED
Cheers Chris

just had same convo with ross at ktec he said i need to change both shocks on the front as having one old n one new could cause issues.. :dapprove:

Might have to give lowering it with H&r or eibach springs a miss as my alloys are 17x8j think the arches might slice the tyres.. my day just keeps getting better lol