ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197/200, Megane R250 Conversion

I've made a thread before questioning it,
I know a lot of people been doing r26, conversion and that r250 engines are like rocking horse sh*t to fit spare, but obviously I guess big different be uses of the VVT? And what modifications to r250 engine would be needed to fit? Intrrcoolers? Ecu? Loom?

Weighting up the options,
Thanks!

Megane R26
The 250 engine can take much more power than the 225 lump. I think the 250 engine can take 360bhp on standard internals.

SC Autoelectrics in Bolton is who did Litchy's. I'm not sure if the VVT is working yet.

There is an Alien Green 200, also done by SteC at SC Autos, with a 250 lump as well. It's currently running a winter map (a mere 300bhp) but will be going to 350bhp in spring/summer.

The 250 box is too big for the Clio which is why everyone uses the 225 or R26 box.

To go over 300bhp, you need a new fuel pump as the standard one can't do any more. The pump is inside the tank so it's a bugger to change.

I think SC Autos have done 10 conversions now.

http://www.scautoelectrics.co.uk/