ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 temperature gauge

Clio 182
Hi have just picked up my new 182, however on the way home i have noticed the temperature gauge stayed on cold for good fe miles then kept on fluctuating from the bottom of the gauge to the middle of the gauge for the rest of the trip,

i tried the auto climate control and no warm air came out unless i wacked the temp up to max there is plenty of fluids in the engine

i also had what appeared to be two miss fires on the way back could this be related to temp issue

when i took it for a test drive i didnt notice the temp gauge because it was a such a short journy and i didnt think naything of it??

im new to clios so any advice would be gratefull

i have ahad a look at some other threads and they seem to suggest thermostat and temp sensor where would theese be located in the engine bay??? regards

ken

53 Clio's & counting
OBD port is under the ashtray - it pulls out, and the temp gauge issue will be faulty coolant temperature sensor - welcome :)

Clio 182
just ran an obd check and it has given me the fault code coolent temtpture sensor circit one fault code

i have brought a new temp sensor now is the tempsensor on the right hand side of the engineaboout 6inchns in front of the main pipe form the rad into the engine bloc?

regards

Clio 182
ok i have changed the temp semsor now and the engine is running smother and is not miss firing, however the temp gauge has stoped all together now it wont move of the bottom any ideas?

also now i have changed the temp sensor the fan is kicking in which is good but today when i got out the car and turned it off the fan was still going for about 5mins is this normal on clios?

and finally with all the misfiring and overfueling due to the temp senso anyother fault code p0130 o2 sensor circut (bank 1 sensor 1)

regards

ps thanks for all the help

Clio 182
do you know which lambda? ther eis too so i ahve been reading a short one and a long one ha ha which go at differnt ends

alos had a look at the wiring to the coolent temp sensor and one of the wires add snapped where someone had twisted it back togethe rbefore so did a dodgey splcing job and everything works now e.g. the temp gauge and the car runnings soothly apart form the misfireing and pooping form the exhaust which it appears is down to the lmabada

regards

and thanks for the input

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
ok i have changed the temp semsor now and the engine is running smother and is not miss firing, however the temp gauge has stoped all together now it wont move of the bottom any ideas?

Does the heater blow hot/warm air? Does the temp gauge creep up when the car is sat and allowed to idle for 10-20 minutes?

Mick

PH1 172
Does the heater blow hot/warm air? Does the temp gauge creep up when the car is sat and allowed to idle for 10-20 minutes?

Mick

Mick, he has sorted the temp issue now, it was a fooked wire. Just the mis-firing and popping to sort :)

Clio 182
quick update i changed the lmabada but all that did was stop the poping in the exhaust e.g. not overfueling as much

however the mis fire was caused by a knakard spark plug chnaged the set and the engine is running smooth and the car accelerates nice and smooth and very quick now

so all things considered it was a combination of three differnt things causing one big problem lol

thanks for the input guys

BMW M135i
Does the temperature gauge work now? The fan will constantly run when the CTS isn't working, hence the gauge doing the same.

Clio 182
yea everything works now i have spliced the wire with some speaker wire ha ha to make the temp sensor work!!

regards