ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Suspension Upgrade (cup suspension)

E36 M3. 182
I've a 182 with the cup suspension (60mm strut bolt spacing??) and will be looking to change the dampers and possibly the springs all round, as the cars done 140k miles and doesn't seem to feel very planted through corners. Im not after coilovers, and i'm not fussed about using aftermarket parts unless it genuinely makes the handling/ride better. Im thinking along the lines of Bilstein dampers (B6/8's) with Eibach springs, or perhaps just upgrading with new stock items unless trophy kit fits and isn't too pricey... Any ideas??

E36 M3. 182
Coolio. I dont know if its just that my last car (ST170) spoiled me, but the back end of the clio seems very light and a little wayward, especially driving quickly on uneven roads. Dont think the budget tyres are helping, but a freshen up cant do any harm!!

PB Clio 172
Coolio. I dont know if its just that my last car (ST170) spoiled me, but the back end of the clio seems very light and a little wayward, especially driving quickly on uneven roads. Dont think the budget tyres are helping, but a freshen up cant do any harm!!

budget tyres? think you have answered your own question really!

E36 M3. 182
Id connect a lack of outright grip and poor turn-in with s**t tyres, but lack of control/ liveliness over uneven surfaces would point to a deficiency in the components responsible for keeping the wheels in contact with the tarmac, no??

If your dampers are original they will not be in good order. 5 min job to take rear ones off then fully compress and extend them by hand to check if they are functioning right. My guess is they will be shot. Will feel much better with new renault bits.

Didn't think Bilstein B6 or B8 is available for 1*2's???

RS clios don't really feel "planted", they are lively by nature compared to, say, a focus.

Resurecting an old thread, does Bilstein do dampers for a 182 Cup chassis?

Are the cup shocks inverted monotube?