ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 remap results

clio 182
took my car in this morning to get mapped up properly,has scorpion exhaust with decat and ktec induction kit and cat cams
before remap was a healthy 181bhp and after was 192.9 bhp was expecting a little bit more,whats people think
20130327_215033_zps37a6335b.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
was hopeing for closer to 200bhp.lol got the bug now might have to throttle body it next.lol

428's are although better than standard are still fairly mild so you would normally need itbs or an rs2 to see 200 - mine has 428's and itbs and last made 208bhp/178lb ft so you should be around the same if you went for bodies mste

clio 172
took my car in this morning to get mapped up properly,has scorpion exhaust with decat and ktec induction kit and cat cams
before remap was a healthy 181bhp and after was 192.9 bhp was expecting a little bit more,whats people think
20130327_215033_zps37a6335b.jpg
dont get carried away with BHP its the TORQUE figers that matter :D 11ftlb not bad should pic up going through gears better ?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
3rd gear run so the car will be climbing the front roller. na cars usually sit tight in the dyno and don't climb at all, if they do the power displays more than it would in a 4th gear pull.

I don't think i have ever seen 428's do that power tbh!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Nah, because of the open loop delay the graphs usually look a bit crap till 4000 rpm or so in 4th as the car is running too lean to make power.

clio 182
My car was overfuelling before the remap.seems to pick up alot better and more power after the 5k.its alot smoother to drive and revs to 7.5k now and my fuel economy has got alot better

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was silly paying to have it mapped if you are getting bodies very soon as will be money gone for nothing at that point.

Over 190 on 428 is pretty hard to believe, can't imagine why you were expecting more, those sort of figures are more like 421 than 428.

421 would have made more sense if going bodies too, why did you pick 428? Or did you buy a car that had them already?

clio 182
To be honest chip im trying to find my recipt as when ive thought about it I might of ordered 421 as I remember ordering the cams in the middle.car does pull very hard.i was just gonna leave it as the cams have just been fitted and have spent around £1000 on it in tue last 2 weeks but im really wanting to break the 200 bhp mark.part of me is still saying just leave it the way it is

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
421 would make more sense for what they are getting with those results than 428.

200bhp is a nice figure, but its a lot of money to spend on throttle bodies + ecu + mapping (+ installation if you cant do yourself)