ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Problem starting

clio 182
Hello every one. Hoping to get some advise. A few days ago my car started cutting out at junctions etc had to rev to stop it cutting out . This happened maybe 3 times. Then while driving home I was on a passing place and over took a lorry. After pulling in I lost all power and engine cut out. There was no bang etc . I free wheeled it to a near by passing place and have been un able to start it since. with a jump start or a push start. I have fuel and it does prime when i turn key. I have exposed spark plugs and all fire up fine. A friend of mine has a computer reader to check for faults and none came up. Having read another post on here Its looking like a timing belt problem. But just after a bit more advise on what else it might be , before I go shell out on a new engine. Thank you in advance for any and all help. cheers Matthew

Mec 350 slk manual
Hello every one. Hoping to get some advise. A few days ago my car started cutting out at junctions etc had to rev to stop it cutting out . This happened maybe 3 times. Then while driving home I was on a passing place and over took a lorry. After pulling in I lost all power and engine cut out. There was no bang etc . I free wheeled it to a near by passing place and have been un able to start it since. with a jump start or a push start. I have fuel and it does prime when i turn key. I have exposed spark plugs and all fire up fine. A friend of mine has a computer reader to check for faults and none came up. Having read another post on here Its looking like a timing belt problem. But just after a bit more advise on what else it might be , before I go shell out on a new engine. Thank you in advance for any and all help. cheers Matthew
Hi mat 85uk where are you from

clio 182
Where about mate?

Also, check the earths. My mate had this sort of problem on his 182. Turned out the earth on the gearbox was knackered

Cullen about 20 miles from Elgin . I exposed the timing belt yesterday and the belt is not snapped and has seen better days so think it may have jumped . Has any1 got experience with this ? Ie is it worth sorting or is it a engine out job? Thanks