ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 or Corsa VXR

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Cant decide what to get next either a nice new 182 or a corsa VXR 1.6 turbo 180bhp??

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Daz_172 said:
Cant decide what to get next either a nice new 182 or a corsa VXR 1.6 turbo 180bhp??

If you can find a new 182, and that's not a pre reg.

I feel that the Corsa will be slightly quicker but not sure about the handling?

Remember the new Clio RS 3 comes out soon.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
msa182 said:

Yeah but how soon ? I just called Renault uk and they had no information as to when the new Clio RS 3 is going to be released ! I would guess late this year or early next year .

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport Clio 182
I heard from someone inside Renault that the new RenaultSport Clio will be out in the autumn, probably September.

Chris

I thought there was already a 1.6Turbo corsa available in some country as 160bhp, but there bringing it out in the VXR range as 180bhp?? quite possible im wrong tho lol

Id still go for the 182 though, corsa would be a more tunable engine, but seen the pics of the corsa and doesnt look half as good as the 182 in my opinion!

Clio 172 mk2
MATT BLACK said:
Obvious answer is clio as the Corsa is a spastic chariot

Funny:D

I would never buy a Vauxhall let alone a Corsa...I just don't like the marque very much.

182/172 will handle better anyway.

How can you compare the two? - the corsa isn't even out yet & I don't know of any magazines who have driven & reviewed it.

Surely when the corsa does come out it would be a better time to compare ?

The simple answer then would be to drive both & then decide on it, one things for sure every one on here is going to be supporting the clio, whether its a better car or not !

MINI JCW
msa182 said:

Dont see why the Corsa VXR should be faster than the 182, same power and the current SRI weighs the same as the 182

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
gazcaddy said:
Dont see why the Corsa VXR should be faster than the 182, same power and the current SRI weighs the same as the 182

May have same power BHP, but torque will be greater. Resulting in better pulling power especially through the gears.

gazcaddy said:

0-60 is 7.0 sec on the corsa, and its a turbo! ill just wait and see how much it is and what optionskit it has in it, if it has f*** all then ill get a clio, i dont like the new cLio sport, its 200bhp but it looks horrible

I read in Autocar mag the other day that the RS Clio 3 is out in June.....Not that I care personally, dont like the shape enough to justify changing my 182 for it...But usual reason...wait till I drive/see/steal bits out of it.
As for the topic of conversation....Clio everytime. I'm sure the corsa owners club peeps would say "Corsa!!!!" from underneath their burberry caps.

this is the corsa-

corsadvxr.jpg

henbroon said:
I read in Autocar mag the other day that the RS Clio 3 is out in June.....Not that I care personally, dont like the shape enough to justify changing my 182 for it...But usual reason...wait till I drive/see/steal bits out of it.
As for the topic of conversation....Clio everytime. I'm sure the corsa owners club peeps would say "Corsa!!!!" from underneath their burberry caps.

im not going to **** corsas off, because i used to have one and in the 3 years i had it i never had a single problem, and so far ive been lucky with my clio.

3dr zafira. I really dislike corsa's. Ever since had to drive a rental 1 lire three cylinder 2hp model 600 miles. makes a horrible noise bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th gear, flat out at 43.2mph, downhill, with someone pushing.

Scirocco GT 210
r-jay said:
Is that pic of the actual car or a concept pic?

It's an Auto Express pic, so it's not going to be a completely reliable representation of the final car.

I expect the corsa VRX to look just like a small astra. Seems to be the trend these days.

MINI JCW
msa182 said:
May have same power BHP, but torque will be greater. Resulting in better pulling power especially through the gears.

Disagree with that, a CTR or 182 will keep up with a Meg 225 through the gears (30-70), but if you are in the wrong gear cars with higher amounts of torque will be much quicker

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
im pretty much 100% that the new clio rs is released from its cage in may

i wouldnt touch a vaxhall let alone a corsa uless i was gonna demolish my next door neibours front room
problem with corsa's is this my mate bought one wen only a few had been slightly modified so he did a few bits and pieces to his and to his credit it looked good untill the graphics he put on it big bloody thing that looked like an s on the side he recently sold it and admitted that the car was ok (even though i hated the damn thing) but now there were to many modded corsa's round

so what you wana think is do i buy a car that is going to be good for a long time or do i buy a car thats gonna be good for five mins then have rice crispy's boxes added and dustbin lids for wheels??

B-road bully
i think the new clio and corsa will be the two maina competitors this time, the 207 luks ridiculous with that grill. i wont knock vauxhall cos the new astra sport hatch is one of the best lookin hatches around FACT!

Megane Mk4
German Opel Corsa is reporting a 170Bhp 1.6 turbo engine in their VXR, Although the import may change slightly over here.

But as Clarkson would say.. "Its a Vauxhall" ;)

SLK 350
Indeed for some reason when people say "Vauxhall" i just can't shake that reputation from my head for producing thoroughly boring and lifeless cars, cars built for motorways...Vectra anybody? :(

Monaro VXR
They also built some rather more fun cars the lotus carlton, VXR, sell the monaro which is just a holden but get my point they do and did have some rather meaty sporty cars. the last model astra GSI was pretty rapid aswell 2 litre turbo if i remember correctly on that and all.

Not a big fan of corsa my mate has one its only the 1 litre 3 cylinder one but its fine for her dont think she cars much about speed or ride she put 17's on the thing. To be honest though shes done fairly subtle mods doesnt look that bad.

Just after being in them i cant stand then. Actually feels like your in a tin can.

LY 200
Have we got any pics of what the VXR will look like???

Didnt even know they were doing a corsa version and why did they go 1.6 lump!?