ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLio 182 Gearbox jumping out of 3rd

Clio 182, Clio 172
hi guys, i have a problem with my gearbox on the 182. sometimes happens that my gear stick just jumps out of the 3rd gear. i had this issue before my gear linkage has been synced, and on almost every release of the accelerator the 3rd gear jumped out, now the gear changes are perfect smooth, but still sometimes it jumps out fewer times than before, but the problem hasn't gone.

tnx in advance,

best regards

Clio 182, Clio 172
the dogbone mount is still in good shape and pretty stiff, when pushing and releasing the accelerator there is no mayor engine / gear stick movement.. it's kind of weird because if in 3rd and playing with accelerator it doesn't jump out, mostly occures when the car is decelerating and/or braking and when you'd hit the accelerator ot of the corner the gear would jump out.

Clio 182, Clio 172
i also had my gearbox repaired, could it be that they didn't adjust the mounts properly ?

RB 182FF
That was also one of my problems with my gearbox. I took mine out and sent it to Agency Transimission to have it fully rebuilt. £275 and he replaced all the bearings, syncros, gaskets, seals, hubs, circlips, reverse top plate, 4th gear and a few other bits, sent it to him on Wednesday and by Tuesday I had it back.

Clio 182, Clio 172
yes it appears to be an internal problem.. i'll try to fit the uprated (powerflex) dogbone mount, if it neither doesn't help, then yes, i'll have to get my gearbox "refreshed". tnx for your reply ;) i'm from Croatia so i'll have to find someone who'll make a perfect job :)