ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 FF Black Gold

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Ok so it has been a while since I bought my car so I thought it was about time I did a thread about it. Some of you may remember it as I posted some pictures up when I had only just got it. Done about 1500 miles now.

Oh and I wasn't sure where to put this as I'm not sure if its really a project, but I can't seem to find a section for just cars.

Firstly the previous cars I’ve owned include:

Fiesta 1.1 – Black
1-Fiesta.jpg

Clio 1.2 Phase 2 – Black
2-ClioPhase2.jpg

Clio 1.2 Phase 3 – Grey
3-ClioPhase3.jpg

Golf Mk1 Convertible – Black
5-Mk1Golf.jpg

Clio 1.2 Phase 2 – Green
I can’t find any photos of this one will have a look on my work PC tomorrow for one.

106 GTI – Diablo Red
6-106GTI.jpg

Audi B5 S4 – Nogaro Blue
7-AudiB5S4.jpg

Now I have a Clio 182. I bought the car from salvage as a Cat D with fairly minimal damage, just wing, bonnet, front bumper and headlights. First pictures show it being picked up, then a couple of progress pictures and the ‘complete’ article (I say completed but it’s not painted yet so the colour doesn’t quite match as the parts are off a 172 which has a different paint code to the 182)

Fitted 4 T1R’s as well as all the tyres were pretty low.

Recently taken delivery of carbon fibre exhaust trims (as these were missing and at £50 for a pair are cheaper than Renault who want £30 + VAT for one!!!)

Recently bought a length of Alcantara and planning to re-trim the roof lining eventually and a few other bits a bobs.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

9.gif

10.gif

182001.gif

182002.gif

Picture006.gif

Picture007.gif

Picture008.gif

Picture009.gif

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
how much did the repairs cost you total? and im assuming you did all the work yourself.

including the original buy? PM me if you dont want to post...or tell me to F off. lol

Ph1 ITB'd 172
how much did the repairs cost you total? and im assuming you did all the work yourself.

including the original buy? PM me if you dont want to post...or tell me to F off. lol

Its an interesting question:

I made a reasonable saving over buying a straight car, and when picking up parts for it I bought other bits I didn't need and sold them for more than I paid which kept costs down.
As to what it cost over all, well its not yet finished as its not painted and that could add another 300-500 onto the price and its also due the cambelt as I don't have much service history so don't know if its been done in the past (one pitfall of accident damaged cars) Therefore any price I gave wouldn't be a true reflection at the moment.

Along with this would you class things like tyres as part of the repair, they cost £270 but were only replaced as the existing ones were down to 1.6-2mm - this is not down to the accident in anyway. I also bought a spare wheel to take on long trips as I don't want the risk of a puncture and being stranded.

Yes all the work has been carried out by myself.