ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Exhaust Question

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all i am new to the forum and this is my first post,

I have just bought a 2005 182 cup FF and i am looking for a new exhaust and wasn't sure if anyone could advise me the best way to go (i know this question gets asked all the time but a lot of people want a quiet system not loud). I want an exhaust that is loud and looks nice (like the miltek). I am looking for a CAT back system to start with and then maybe look at a decat later on. The car is going to be built as a track car so i don't want to break any noise limits (i don't mind being very close :) haha) as well if i get one with a power gain that would be great. As well i am thinking of putting a KTR induction kit on as well (are these a good induction kit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ben

Milltek is slightly louder than standard if you leave the cat in place, looks good and is easy to install and adjust.

If you decat it, it'll get slightly louder but have a more raspy note which sounds fantastic. Leave the centre silencer in place otherwise it'll get really loud.

Have a search on here for Janspeed - I don't know if they're any good, or bad, but quite a few people on here seem to have them.

Clio 220 PH2
Thank you very much I shall do some digging
Cheers joe have you got a centre silencer on it or have you got the supersport without one ?
Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you want a loud exhaust , have a look on Youtube for Yozza or Yozzasport exhausts or BTM exhausts . They're alot louder than standard .

clio v6
Thank you very much I shall do some digging
Cheers joe have you got a centre silencer on it or have you got the supersport without one ?
Cheers
Hi yes i have a centre silencer on it and its been on 3 years and is as good as new.even on motorways really nice sound when cruising.

Clio 220 PH2
No i think it sounds great and when you put your foot down has a nice rasp to it.
I must admit i keep looking at them i don't suppose you have a picture what it looks like on the car do you ?

They do come up for sale from time to time . You could always message Fred@BTM , he was the supplier of the original Yozza exhausts and also sells the BTM exhausts which supercede the Yozzas .

http://www.btmperformance.com/
I had a look on youtube and they do sound nice :) I will send him a message and ask him a few questions because i want to put the right one on instead of buying lots of different ones

Last edited by a moderator:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I must admit i keep looking at them i don't suppose you have a picture what it looks like on the car do you ?

I had a look on youtube and they do sound nice :smile: I will send him a message and ask him a few questions because i want to put the right one on instead of buying lots of different ones

I've seen people have issues with build quality with the Milteks and Scorpion exhausts . You won't get a better build quality than a Yozza or BTM

Clio 220 PH2
I've seen people have issues with build quality with the Milteks and Scorpion exhausts . You won't get a better build quality than a Yozza or BTM
I must admit i have gone off the miltek a little bit tthey look really nice on the car but i think i want a louder system. The yozza looks really good. Is the yozza the loudest cat back system or is the KTR ultra a louder system ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I couldn't say to be honest about the KTR . All I know from what I've read on here over the years is that the Yozza is probably one of the loudest , too loud for some so they've sold them . In my opinion they're not too bad , they are louder with a decat , but I took my decat off for the MOT and never refitted it , I sold it on .

Clio 220 PH2
I couldn't say to be honest about the KTR . All I know from what I've read on here over the years is that the Yozza is probably one of the loudest , too loud for some so they've sold them . In my opinion they're not too bad , they are louder with a decat , but I took my decat off for the MOT and never refitted it , I sold it on .
I don't mind it being loud as the plan for the car is to make it into a track toy. Well thats the thing with me as well i want the car to pass the MOT i don't want to keep putting the CAT on and off so i want a nice loud system so i don't need to keep playing with the CAT. I might put a race CAT on later in the build but not for now.

clio v6
Only got this of it sorry.

Attachments

• 54d64b7038973_1.jpg
    54d64b7038973_1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 94
  182 CUP
I have the BTM and its awesome, not to loud at all, on the inside anyway, can't really comment on the outside. That along with fattys induction, sorted.

Clio 220 PH2
I have the BTM and its awesome, not to loud at all, on the inside anyway, can't really comment on the outside. That along with fattys induction, sorted.
Thank you very much I am still digging with the BTM and yozzasports I just need to fix my other car and then I will be buying a system :)