ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 down

RS Clio 182
Well this afternoon I was released from hospital following a really nasty crash in my pride and joy 'Jennifer', my Black Gold Full Fat 182.

On entering a 30 zone on the A55 which twists around the headland at Penmaenbach, I suffered an epilleptic fit (not having been previously diagnosed with epillepsy) leading me to slam on the accelerator and into a wall an what the coppers reckon must have been around 100mph, (was doing around 75 the last point i remember).

I'm lucky in that I've got away with some pretty nasty cuts and bruises and have fitted again a couple of times since but otherwise am fine, but am mourning the loss of my little shopping trolley.

Obviously at this point its a little uncertain as to what happens next, it looks pretty certain that I won't be able to drive for a number of years at least and thats as long as I stay fit free. I'd like to think that I'd go back to RenaultSport ownership again in the future given the right set of circumstances but I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for the help and support I've recieved during the ownership of my 182, even though I've been more of a lurker than an active member. Its been a lot of fun.

Ben

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bloody nora !!!!

They still amaze me what strong little boxes they are !

Hope you get the fitting under control soon. Doesn't sound nice at all :(

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell!

Gutting about the car and stuff, but at least you're alive and no one was hurt.

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
The main thing is that you're alive and well, cars can be replaced, people can't.

All the best for the future and hopefully no more accidents like that.

FF 182
The main thing is that you are ok and nobody else were injured.
Best wishes for the future

Megane GT
Thats a real shame mate, one of my friends has a similar kind of problem but she blanks out, fortunately she hasnt done it whilst driving so glad to hear youre ok. Good luck for the future and hopefully see you out and about fairly soon! :)

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Wow. Glad you're ok. A lady at my work used to get random fits (again - undiagnosed) and she wasn't allowed to drive for 6 months or so before they gave her the all clear. Hopefully your situation will be similar (or better!) and you'll be back behind the wheel as soon as possible.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Thats a real sickener mate, hope everything goes well and you get back on the road asap. My friends little sister had a fit and lost her license for two years, just as she was approaching the two year point she had another fit and they extended her ban :(

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Gutting story pal. Must've been quite a shunt, glad you've walked away relatively unscathed!

RS Clio 182
Thanks for all the support guys all the best to each of you too, i'll attempt to upload some pictures of the car, which was described by the paramedic as 'a black saxo with 2 exhausts' after the accident which might give some idea of the state it was in!

RS Clio 182
316309_10150285757030995_547950994_8174512_1971082947_n.jpg
317580_10150285757915995_547950994_8174516_695083374_n.jpg

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Wow that must be in such a state! As if It wasn't bad enough crashing your car, then your labeled a chav by the paramedic ;)

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Bloody hell! Your lucky to be alive after that :( hope you get the fits under control and get another RS Clio sorted

Jesus mate! That looks awful! Glad to hear you're okay, as said, cars are materialistic, at least you're walking and talking! Fingers crossed for you that you get back on the road soon.

Mini Cooper S sport
f**king hell! I'm amazed you survived. Thank goodness you weren't more seriously hurt, what a horrible experience.

I know someone who had a 2-year driving ban because of their epilepsy, but after being put on some very good medication (Tegretol iirc), they were eventually allowed their licence back and were fine.

All the best x

350z, Subaru Legacy
Wow, good to hear you're doing ok and nothing but praise to the Clio for holding up after a smash like that!!

Reminds me of how I had to get tested a couple of years back after a fit (not whilst driving), was worried that I'd lose my license!

I know a couple of sufferers and they're both on the road at the moment! So best of luck to you :approve:

2010 Jetta TDi 140
And my Dad said these cars would crush like a tin can compared to my old Mondeo in a crash! They hold up well to say you pretty much walked away from a 100mph crash. Hope you get sorted soon.

Weo

Glad your ok mate! There is hope though, Nothing like your story but I used to be epileptic when I was younger, I know different things trigger the brain/body into the fits, and mine happened to be when I was immersed in water, (taking a bath, swimming etc) got some right sh!t through school but eventually I grew out of it, and thats the hope I guess, its not always permenant as far as I have believed and proven.

Hope you are feeling better mate and you get sorted and back on the road! also into another RS clio would be good!!

:race:

That Clio is an absolute mess.

Just as everyone has said, glad you are alright. You did well to get out of that with only minor injuries.

Best of luck for the future !

Black 172
I thought "yeah right" when I read the coppers thought it was a 100mph crash... then I saw the pictures. Very bad accident. Glad your ok. Don't think of the driving ban as a penalty, it's not, you want to make sure your ok before you get back behind the wheel more than anyone, if it were to happen again you might not be so lucky :dapprove: