ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Different Steering wheel - Correct or Not?

2005 Clio 182
Hello,

I have just brought a 2005 Clio 182 but the steering wheel doesn't seem to be the same as the other Clio 182's I have seen.

It seems to be missing the plastic thumb gribs, and at the bottom of the steering wheel there is no Clio Sport square silver badge - Is the the correct steering wheel?

Thanks

Doesn't sound like a standard 182 one.

Does it look standard or does it look like it could be an aftermarket one?

If not, maybe a 172 wheel....I don't think they have the badge at the bottom or thumb grips but I'm not 100% sure on that...

Best to get a picture up so we can see..

2005 Clio 182
Thank you for your reply.

Yes apart from the missing thumb grips and badge, it looks standard. I have seen another Clio 182 on eBay at the moment with the same steering wheel, but I will upload a pic.

Many Thanks

2005 Clio 182
This isn't my actual steering wheel but one I found on the internet;

$(KGrHqNHJF!E+(odw2lrBQgtPWUJTw~~_12.jpg

Thanks

330i. E30 Touring.
That's a non-sport Clio wheel.

As you've said, has no thumb grips or RS logo. Also, no cruise buttons..

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just a standard non sport wheel, guessing the old old mented and the thumb grips fell apart, pretty common

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Is it a Cup?

Didn't they come with non-sport steering wheels or am I making that up?

172cup
Stop talking shyte, all the sports have the same wheel with thumb grips!!!!!!!
the only difference is the c/c for 182s that's it

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
The 182 CUP has the non sport steering wheel I.e no thumb grips or rs bandage, but it has cruise control. To the OP, are you sure you don't just have a CUP? Way to many retards kicking about.

172cup
So it looks like I was talking s**t...... quite a nice finding
I guess everyone got his wheel replaced with a sport one then

2005 Clio 182
The steering wheel does have cruise control and my Clio 182 is a cup.

I have a feeling it was an optional extra to have the sport steering wheel, perhaps an interior upgrade and mine is just cloth. I have noticed quite a few with the cloth interior have the same steering wheel. I have just brought the part leather interior tho to fit as much better looking!

I am glad though as the sport ones just split and crack!