ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup... Lagging mid range power.

ste 193

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ive not long bought a 04 plate Clio 182 Cup and it seems to be lagging power in the mid range.

It will pull away well upto around 3k, then from 3k upto 5k it is very flat and then takes off after 5k revs.

Has anyone got any idea what it could be? Ive heard that it could be to do with the air filter...? Ive bought it with a Piper Cross induction kit on and have just bought a standard air box to see if there is a differance. (still waiting for the air box to be delivered)

Any info could help!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
  E46 M3
Sounds normal to me (well apart from the pulling well to 3k bit!), a RS tuner can help with the mid range.

Fabia vrs tdi
Exhaust all ok? I found my centre section had collapsed internaly got a new after Market system and decat and no more issues, although 1 - 3k the power delivery is crap but after that it's nice

Clio 182 Cup FF
yeah i feel there is a slight flat spot but as long as u just keep redlining it your never find that problem again ;)

ste 193

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
hmmmm ok thanks for the comments! Thats helped to know mine isnt the only one!

The exhaust seems fine, no rattles ect... so wouldnt say its collapsed.

Been told it could be the piper cross indution kit.