ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup Exhaust Options

Clio 182 Cup
Hello all,

Apologies for being another new-boy to cliosport.net, eventually got myself signed up after many months of 'getting round to it'!!!!

Probably old news to all you experienced forum posters, but i need some info/advice on the options available for replacing the exhaust on my 182 cup. Ive had the car now for 2 years and the standard exhaust is deciding to shed a few baffles and get a bit old and tired as the car is now a 05 reg. I do quite a bit of motorway driving and definately want to keep the cat (possibly upgrade to sports cat) so a decat is out of the question. I would also like a centre silencer rather than a straight through as i dont want too much rasp or loudness - im looking for something more subtle. Ive looked at the following systems available, and just wanted some advice from clio owners that have experience with these products:

1.) KTR Ultra performance 'sport' system
2.) Milltek cat back Exhaust System
3.) KTR/Janspeed Exhaust system
4.) Magnex Cat-back system
5.) Scorpion RS192 System
6.) Yozzasport cat back system
7.) Piper Cat-Back system

I am favouring the K-Tec Systems as they get good reccomendations for what im looking for, but I would appreciate any knowledge/info about build quality, acoustic performance, fitting quality etc!!

Thanks,

Sam

Z4 Coupe
Yozza. done

Best looking (IMO), by far the best build quality out there and a small 16kgs lighter than standard iirc;)

ph1 172
I have a Yozza, currently in the process of having a silenced decat made, get it back tomorrow, cannot wait!
It drones at low speeds, 65/70mph onwards its fine, no drone. But it is raspy and quite loud. I love it and will not be replacing it.
I originally wanted the piper system as it gives a slight rasp but is reasonably quiet. It is also a very similar design to the Yozza but with a centre silencer.
I only got my Yozza by luck second hand at a bargin so took the chance. I think they sound quite different in person rather than listening to them on youtube, especially under load. Sounds a little like an old rally car! But not offensive at all.
HTH

LY 182
Prospeed or RS192.

ProSpeed louder and raspier, certainly not loud and no drone.

RS192 quietest I've heard but you sacrifice that "sporty" sound.

RB 182
I've got an RS192 on mine. It doesn't sound anything special but isn't loud at all which is why i'm keeping it.

Ben

Evo 8 MR
AFAIK the standard cat on a 182 isn't a bad one therefore there's no real reason to get a sports cat.

I recommend the Yozza as it gives a great sound, is well made and is light in comparison to the others.

Clio 182 Cup
I have heard quite a lot about the good quality and the nice sound from the yozza, but i believe it is quite expensive (?) and even with cat-back it can still be loud. Im looking for something that looks and sounds subtle, something similar to the standard exhaust but with a nice little growl/rasp up the revs... have you had the experience with the KTR/Janspeed systems??

Thanks folks - much more response that i though i would get!

Sam

Evo 8 MR
The YS systems aren't loud, they all meet trackday noise limits even with a decat.

You know how the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

The KTR exhausts are very heavy so they hang low pretty much throughout the entire system. The tips are a little big for a Clio aswell imo.