ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 brakes

Hi. out there, my 182 brakes cannot come close to my previous 172 ( 2000 April) They feel soft and do not inspire confidence. The car goes very well and is great in every other respect. Anyone care to comment ?

wellcome to clio sport!!
give it a bit of time and theyll bed in nicely,then youl be inspired!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

they are some of the best brakes available on any value car as standard so if they still dont feel good after the run in period, maybe its a trip to Renault because having used mine extensively they are amazing!

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive always been really impressed with mine. I found the brakes on my 172 faded with hard road driving, the 182 didnt fade once around Spa and that was a lot harder.

They grind a bit when cold though. Apparently they are fine according to my dealer.

Ziel Nurburgring

As lee says, when cold they tend to rub/grind but are fine once warm. Not had a problem with mine

RB182cup&golf gti

Ive been using an AX for a while, soon as i got back in the 182 the brakes gave me whiplash, mine are sound, guess it depends what youre used to

I had been noticing in recent days that my brakes were starting to feel a bit soft (1600miles)

Took it out and thrashed the f**k out of it this morning - proper hammering. HARD braking from high speeds (on my test track) and all of a sudden they came alive. That smell came back outside the car that I used to get when it was newer...

Could my pads have been glazed? Maybe the 182 brakes need a good pounding to keep them tip top?

BMW 120i Sport

Well i had to stand on my brakes today to avoid hitting someone and they worked pretty damn well.

Guess theyre ok. :oops:

I am finding the 182 to be the most rewarding car Ive driven. I know there are many many quicker cars, but when Autocar wrote "we cant think of any car at any price that could comprehensively beat a Cup on a twisty road" I think they were talking sense :oops: