ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 brakes

Focius ST
just had the 182 serviced and found out that it needs new front disks and pads which was a pretty big blow after only having car under 2 months. so on the way back from garage i was think is it gunna be a good idea to go for a fast road set up or go back to stock? what would people suggest for a fast road set up with out going to over the top and to expensive?

cheers

BMW F21 125d
A lot of people on here go for Brembo HC Discs, DS2500 or EBC Pads and Braided Lines, a nice improvement over standard.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This said though, the standard 280mm discs are very good, ive never driven with the brembos but assume there good from what ive heard:eek:

Was it a Renault garage that told you new discs and pads are needed? If it was, check them yourself. Probably got another 20,000 miles in them yet.

My rear discs and pads were f**ked after 12,000 miles, yet they just passed an MOT on 47,000 miles.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Isnt there some sort of myth surrounding the rear discs in the 1*2's about being quite new yet the pads are quite low as new anyway?

Anyone shed any light?

Focius ST
yer maybe i should have a look at them as the mechanic did say it was the back of the disc which could be a sneaky wayso i dont check. this is a stupid question but what should i be looking out for?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Pagid RS4-2 pads and standard Renault discs for me with Motul RBF660 fluid.
I changed the front discs at 14k miles and i changed the rear discs at 19k miles.
Both front and rear discs were replaced due to corrosion more than wear, although that said the front discs didn't have much life left in them.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A racoon with an angle grinder and an attitide problem lol

Just messing mate, if theres more than 3-4mm on the pads they should be fine, the edge of the disc shouldnt have a lip on it (i.e a raised edge round the sides of the disc)

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
It was the rear of the discs that had gone on front discs, big chunks were missing, it looks like the metal has flaked of the surface. Still might be worth having a quick look, don't be a cheapskate though, after all brakes are the most important part of the car!!

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Isnt there some sort of myth surrounding the rear discs in the 1*2's about being quite new yet the pads are quite low as new anyway?

Anyone shed any light?

This is true, got my rears done just before xmas and there was feck all on the pads right out of the box, using genuine discs and pads

RS 172

Anyone shed any light?

Well i have just changed the rear pads on mine and i was surprised how little meat you get on a set of rear pads. Should be good for a while now though.