ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Bonnet Fit - how to adjust

Recently I've had some scratches polished out of the bonnet (insurance claim) and when I got the car back I noticed that the bonnet gap (between the front edge of the bonnet and the grill) is wider than I remember. As a result it went to my local Renault dealer and they checked that the catches all operated correctly and that the car was safe. I just got it back and the gap still looks too big to me.

Can this aspect of the fit of the bonnet be manually adjusted, as I'm fed up with not having the car and I'm thinking I could easily rectify the problem myself?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

182 cup
under the bonnet on the top of each arch is a round black plastic thing which you can twist, it screws up and down the bonnet actualy rests on them.;)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
under the bonnet on the top of each arch is a round black plastic thing which you can twist, it screws up and down the bonnet actualy rests on them.;)

Really?
I cant see this on mine anywhere.

I can a round piece of black rubber on each side just above the lights but this doesnt screw up and down.

182 cup
Its actualy plastic, my 182 has them. When you look at them you wouldnt think they would move. i will post a pic if that would help?

Clio Dynamique Black 3Dr
Recently I've had some scratches polished out of the bonnet (insurance claim) and when I got the car back I noticed that the bonnet gap (between the front edge of the bonnet and the grill) is wider than I remember. As a result it went to my local Renault dealer and they checked that the catches all operated correctly and that the car was safe. I just got it back and the gap still looks too big to me.

Can this aspect of the fit of the bonnet be manually adjusted, as I'm fed up with not having the car and I'm thinking I could easily rectify the problem myself?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

I dont think you can, i had a little smash a while back had my bonnet resprayed and now my bonnet has a gap between the sides and the grill aswell, i've tried aligning it myself but thats the best it can go.... i took it to a few garages aswell but no joy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you can! lol

look where the bonnet is fixed to the mechanism near the back of the bonnet on both sides.

slacken off those four bolts and re-position it!

it's ideally a two-man job