ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182/172 vs MG ZR 160

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Anyone had a tussle with one of these ??

My mate has had one for a few months, never raced cos I dont do that sort of thing on the road - if they were to line up who would be left ?? or not ??

just interested

Not this ol chestnut again.

The clio is faster in every way std for std. Cue lots of ZR owners signing up to say the usual 'french crap' etc etc

YAWN

ive driven his zr 160 and its very slow to pick up, once its going it feels quick, just really lumpy and slow rto pick up imo - different story when you have no controll in the passenger seat, anything feels fast !

Tangoed Works
I wouldnt touch K series engine with a bargepole. I remember sitting in my mates elise, only for smoke to start pouring out from the side vents and engine cover. Was a full Lotus history, 30k miles car as well.

tiTTy & SV650
I was overtaken by one on a twisty road up north that I didnt know and didnt feel it was a safe overtake either, but the w**k had a wee blue light on his car almost like knightrider and I thought it was traffics cause it was dark and i couldnt see what car it was lol, only way they'll ever get passed you is to fool you into slowing down?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
one of my neighbours has a ZR160, he was telling me all about it, how it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, i didn't even respond. Everytime I see him out in it now I say to the gf "look, there's that 4.5 second car!!"

Gareth said:
one of my neighbours has a ZR160, he was telling me all about it, how it does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, i didn't even respond. Everytime I see him out in it now I say to the gf "look, there's that 4.5 second car!!"

^^^lmfao

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
They are like clio 16vs, past 4.5k of revs they pull hard, before that they are a bit shoddy.

My SiR 170bhp del sol manages my mates quite well, even with significantly less torque and more weight. But they aint slow.