ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 05 plate lost all electrical power

160bhp saxo- clio182
hi all have just done cambelt/dephaser/ engine swap...

engine went back in fab- started first time

i left it running on idle for about 5-10mins and then it completly stopped, i looked at the dash no lights no nothing.

battery is not the greatest but went i reconnect my jump pack i get a spark, which to me indicates there is a fault now somewhere.

i have replaced the fuse on the positive side of the battery
checked all engine bay fuses located next to the battery
checked as many as possible fuses on passenger side door/dash

still not a single light and still getting a spark when jump pack connects-
i unplugged the engine loom fusses and i still get a spark when jump pack connects.

i did realise/find the alternator positive was really loose- so im guessing this is the culprit, but i do not have a clue where to go from here- as it is quite hard to find a fault with no power..........

suggestions of moving forward would be very welcome.

160bhp saxo- clio182
when i actually wrote this (i did realise/find the alternator positive was really loose- ) it made me think.... i dissconnected my positive from my alternator and attached my jump pack again... :) all lights have now come back on and the car started.

thought it would be best for future use for a update- many thanks for the interest.

this would now indicate i have fried my alternator- i do have a spare but does anyone know if i can changed the electrical parts or do i have to changed the whole unit as im sure it is a ball ache....