ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 shuddering/Loss of power between 1 and 2k revs

2003 clio 172 cup
Had my clio 172 cup for a while now, since I stupidly wrote off my last one... It shudders between 1 and 2k revs when the engines warm, it did have a toxic gas sensor fault which I got sorted by Renault, since then I've had the spark plugs and coil leads changed, also by Renault, still got the fault. Wondering if it's the injectors, saved myself some time and got 4 second hand ones on the rail, guaranteed of course from renparts. Anyone know if these might fix the problem or any other things I can try?

muchos gracias!

172cup
I'd take a look at the cam belt see if it's skipped any teeth, If not I'd buy a compression test kit and see what the score

2003 clio 172 cup
Had it into Renault, apparently one of the injectors is still faulty and a coil is tracking whatever that means, I got quoted £240 to fix it...

Ph 1 172
Have you checked to see if coil pack is giving off a spark??

also you said you had a toxic gas sensor fault which got sorted by renault what did they actually do??

Is tge exhaust gases smelling sweet?eggy? Is the exhaust popping anymore as if its decat'd?

2003 clio 172 cup
I'll have my brother check the coil pack, he seems to know more than Renault, as for the toxic sensor, it was a previous fault and just had to clear it apparently,

2003 clio 172 cup
Forgive the second reply iPads being s**t. Erm I haven't noticed any weird smells from the exhaust and I'm pretty sure it's not popping, recently replaced then mid section due to it snapping, but that shouldn't be causing these problems should it?

Ph 1 172
I'd be checking the lambda sensor and coil pack first.

coilpack is easy to check when the car is running just pull off each ht lead from coilpack if there is no change I engine note/noise you no there is an issue with that lead/pack

Renault Clio182 bean
Gonna replace the faulty injector today, I'll check the coil pack as well. anyone know which injector is e 3rd one?

With it being French if your talking cylinder numbers then no1 starts at the flywheel/gearbox side of the engine and no4 would be the Cambelt side of the engine because the French like to do things backwards

Clio 1.2 Grande
I have a similar problem with a 1.2 grande 02 plate, Last night it was fine as i was Driving it and then randomly the power dropped away after i pulled away at some lights, the car was shuddering quite violently until i backed off the throttle. The exhuast has a slight humming noise when its idling, and it is also idling rough. I noticed if i put my foot down after a few seconds the engine management light comes on flashing orange. The car has 106k miles on it. Any ideas what could be wrong?

2003 clio 172 cup
Well still not sorted so I couldn't tell you, it runs at about 80% power now and when I accelerate the engine management comes on, only things I haven't tried are replacing the coil pack and lambda sensors! anyone know if there's anything else I should check?