ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 revving flat out all of the time?

Clio ph2 172
no just changed down a gear to go into an island (not quick) it like surged forward, coming out of the island it just took off and has been like it ever since havn't got round to sorting it

Clio ph2 172
can see any air leaks at all, throttle body is shut, going to try and take the throttle body off and clean that and if that doesn't cure it, unplug the accelerator pedal and turn it on see if it idles normally

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like an air leak somewhere I had the same. Although mines was due to removing the carbon canister from the breather and not blocking it off correctly.

Clio ph2 172
I don't think mine are blocked of correctly, but they have been like that since I brought it ?

Clio ph2 172
with the inlet off or on ? and ill will have do do it tomorrow as im at work now and out later on, the breather that goes to the intake pipe is fine, the one when you take the inlet off and the part that sticks up into the inlet, the pipe to the left of that (by the engine crane hook) hasn't got anything attatched but it has been like that since day1

PH2 172
unplug the accelerator pedal and turn it on see if it idles normally
PH2 with fly by wire throttle body?
Get the fault code(s) read and check wiring for corrosion before replacing any parts.
Does it still rev with your foot on the brake pedal?Any warning lights on?

Clio ph2 172
PH2 with fly by wire throttle body?
Get the fault code(s) read and check wiring for corrosion before replacing any parts.
Does it still rev with your foot on the brake pedal?Any warning lights on?

no fault codes are coming up, any rough idea were they usually corrode ? and no it holds it back. no waring lights

RB Clio 182
Check your mat hasn't lifted up on to the throttle peddle, this happened to me once it took me a while to work it out ha.

Clio ph2 172
Well i had a quick look tonight and within a couple of minutes, found this that i think the bolt has gone walkies that was blocking it off. Also the clip was loosr

So i plopped a new bolt in and tightened it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  Clio ph2 172
Well guys thank you very much car is now sorted :) the one to the left on the breather on the rocker was open, blocked that up :) and the 1 by the throttle body, no idles and drives spot on few more things to do, got to sort a build thread out