ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 PH1 Test Mule

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I thought I would start a thread on our new acquisition. We needed a well looked after Clio RS to develop some parts for. After scouring the ads Mark Fishers 172 was the perfect car, being mostly standard. Not sure why it had not sold as its absolutely spot on!
Clio019.jpg

Currently it has a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs fitted which offer a nice comfy ride for daily use.
We will be comparing these with a new range of springs shortly :D

Being French it took a day to go wrong as the inevitable happened...the speedo sensor failed! A quick visit to Renault and 5 minutes of reaching behind the engine had this all fixed :D

First modification was nothing too dramatic, just to get a CG-Lock fitted. These lock the lower lap belt in place to hold you in your seat. I fit the CG-Lock to all my cars now as I got annoyed running harnesses on a daily drive, but want the security and extra feedback compared to a normal seat belt. It looked so good on the Renault Sport seats I took a photo :D
IMG_0004.jpg

Was out test fitting a prototype product today but it needs some extra machining to fit so i'll update as soon as the next version arrives from the workshop :D

Kev

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
We should be testing a spring kit and a coilover kit in the next month or so. I think an exhaust system as well may well be a possibility.:rasp:
Other ideas are certainly being discussed as well