ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.2 Dynamique 03
Alright guys, i'm thinking of upgrading to a 172 but what kind of mpg do you lot get out of them? i work in liverpool so its 40 miles for me each way to work and back. Cheers :)

RB 182 cup
Mines averaged 38mpg over the last 550 miles.

around town usually get about 35, driving from sheffield to Portsmouth i got 51, its not to hard to get good mpg if you coast a lot and drive steadily.

PB172,dci100,dci65
The longer the journey the better mpg you can get if you dont hurry. I drive sometimes my 20 miles + 20 miles to work and some driving in higher revs in the twisties in the weekends and get 38mpg. Top was 45 mpg on a 250 mile trip.

133/225/CLS AMG
Mine gives me between 29mpg at worst and 34mpg around town. I've seen 40mpg+ sticking to a steady speed on the motorway.

Very economical cars for the performance you get. My Megane 225 is not that much quicker than my 172 but you'll only get 22mpg round town realistically.

172 Cup
I'm about to switch daily's from the crappy but economical 1.2 micra to the 172, think my wallets going to notice the difference doing 400+ miles a week. Oh well, the fun factor will counteract the difference between 53mpg unleaded and 33mpg super-juice!

Less than 10. Although it does go up if the back wheels are on trays and I'm going sideways through the drive-thru.

ph1 172
My ph1 has averaged 41.3mpg over the last 2 full tank fills, lots of mixed/rural driving ie, lots of stop/start driving. If I do a long stint of dual carriageway driving, at 70mph it drops to 35-36mpg. BTW, having the a/c makes no difference at all.

Iceberg 172
I got 46.5 on the way up to Machester from Bristol, 70 on the cruise control the whole way. Always 40 around town.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
you guys must be driving it like a 1.2 i boot it on every fun road and get about 28mpg i dont spend loads of money on good fuel good tyres and suspension to go 28 everywhere.

172 cup (again)
172 cup with decat and acoustic valve removed = 250 miles a week @ £45 fuel. Mix of single and duel carriage way plus stop start city driving. Mine doesn't drop below 38mpg unless I red line it through the gears. Awesome car on fuel for the performance and puts 197/200s to shame

1.2 Dynamique 03
Cheers for the feedback you lot, gonna purchase one soon i think ;). Had my 1.2 for three years now and i still adore it so i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy owning a 172!

Clio.
Our holiday trip From kent to Alsace in France and back, mostly on autoroutes (85mph) loaded with kids, wife and some bags.
Averaged 43mph.

40mpg normal running around and stuff all in my phase 1 172.

Status
Not open for further replies.