ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172, Misfire.... Help?

PH2 Clio 172
Hi Guys

had my ph2 172 for a few months now and it was fine to start with. it then started to misfire im having no luck in getting any closer to fixing this.

I have tried changing the spark plugs, coil pack, Ht Leads, Injectors but nothing seemed to have worked.

If anyone could shed any light on any other things this could be I would be grateful.

Renault Clio 172 ph2
Hi Guys

had my ph2 172 for a few months now and it was fine to start with. it then started to misfire im having no luck in getting any closer to fixing this.

I have tried changing the spark plugs, coil pack, Ht Leads, Injectors but nothing seemed to have worked.

If anyone could shed any light on any other things this could be I would be grateful.
Hi mate, I seem to be in the same position as you. I purchased my car back in may and it was fine to start with. About 2/3 months back it starting to give a little misfire. I plugged the car in and got a code for the lambda sensor (pre-cat) So I left it sat for a week or so. When I went to take out the sensor I found the battery was dead. And then Any time after that I would get in to find the battery had Died again. So I got a new battery and strangely enough the code changed for lambda sensor to cylinder 01 misfire. So changed the spark plugs as one was pretty bad, but problem still occurred. I then had a code for coil pack. So obviously I’ve got a coil pack and changed it, I’ve also Check the voltage on the HT leads but are all fine. And for some reason I now have no code but still have a little misfire. It just sound pretty lumpy. In my experience with the drive I’m starting to think if it’s pressure related?

Let me know if you have any luck bud!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Is it misfiring under load?
Do a compression test & see if it's actually healthy

Renault Clio 172 ph2
Is it misfiring under load?
Do a compression test & see if it's actually healthy
It seems to misfire once I start driving down the road. If I don’t rev, it can be okay. Compression test is what I’m looking at next.

Thanks mate. Do you know of any other issues common with the 172 ph2. I’m Still a newby to the Clio sport world and would like to know all I can thanks Tony!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
It seems to misfire once I start driving down the road. If I don’t rev, it can be okay. Compression test is what I’m looking at next.

Thanks mate. Do you know of any other issues common with the 172 ph2. I’m Still a newby to the Clio sport world and would like to know all I can thanks Tony!
I've just seen the date of the OP & realised I was replying to the wrong person 🫣 :ROFLMAO:

Another common cause of misfires is dodgy injectors, swapping them round to see if the misfire moves with it and measuring the resistance of them is the way to test them, should be 14 ohms iirc