ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 fuel injectors

Clio 172
This may be very obvious to some of the members on here but I'm not really in the know and just want advice

I've got a misfire in cylinder 3 and am looking to replace all of the injectors

I wanted to know what the best brands are and where to buy them from also brands to stay away from!

Thanks guys

Clio 172
Thankyou for the links @optical im just puzzled at the minute because a lot of the threads I've read, when the injector goes people get a flashing engine light which I've not had, the car sounds like it's misfireing and sounds like a v8/Subaru lol

When my injector went i had no engine lights on, just a misfire.

Why not let the engine run and unplug the wiring to each injector one at a time. The one that doesnt make the engine run worse than it is at the mo will be the culprit. Very easy to do also.

Yes, I knew I keeping the bag would come in handy one day 😂

20200716_124235.jpg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Awesome, Good deal on these if you've got honey installed. £47.35 with code. Car is sat on 102k and unknown of its past parts replaced and a trip to the rin in 2 weeks time, I'm thinking it's wise to have a spare in the glovebox

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Awesome, Good deal on these if you've got honey installed. £47.35 with code. Car is sat on 102k and unknown of its past parts replaced and a trip to the rin in 2 weeks time, I'm thinking it's wise to have a spare in the glovebox

Renparts on ebay. £33.50 with free postage. Genuine injectors and have bought my fair share from them with no issues.

20200601_155128.jpg

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They are so easy to test to find the bad one. Just unplug each one and resistance test across the injector terminals. The one that reads below 14 ohms is the faulty one. It's a doddle.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They're also so easy to replace it's a false economy to replace one, just do the lot and forget about it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They are so easy to test to find the bad one. Just unplug each one and resistance test across the injector terminals. The one that reads below 14 ohms is the faulty one. It's a doddle.
Not always the case.
They can still be high resistance and faulty

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm simply thinking with a 1000 mile trip to the ring, I don't want to get caught out running on 3 cylinders but I see where you are coming from.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Just don’t be tempted to use cheap ones! You’ll find they’re worse than knackered old OE ones.

Cheap new ones I tested actually leaked from new.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Just ordered four from Renparts. Don't currently need them but will be good to have spares. So many parts are difficult to get hold of now so trying to build up spares.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Ordered yesterday at 10:20 am and received today by 7:20 am, can't get much better service than that.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
If anyone needs injectors, I have set that I bought in feb 18 and have only covered 15k. I have upgraded to 197 injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I did few upgrades- group n timing, 182 manifold, sports cat and matched inlet

Have the stock injectors no extra left to give then? I’d have thought they’d easily have room for another what, 15bhp?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Have the stock injectors no extra left to give then? I’d have thought they’d easily have room for another what, 15bhp?

Chris at EFI said it was worth getting some -