ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new 182 Injectors fitted now slow to start up...

RB 182 FF
Hi guys, yet another f-ing issue I'm trying to sort... Right I bought some injectors off Ebay, advertised as brand new Magnetti Marelli genuine items and they do look like the real deal but with subtle differences to the ones I took off my car. I'm wondering if they are just slightly different because they maybe weren't Renault specific ones, basically the little green plastic bit on them is a bit different and also slightly less stamped writing on them etc...

Anyway I fitted the injectors and all looked well, the car took a while to fire up initially as expected, took it for a spin and WOW pulls a lot better than with my old clogged injectors, job's a goodun I thought...!! The car had a flashing engine warning before with the clogged injectors so I expected it to feel better.

Anyway the next day I went to fire the car up and it took a fair few turn overs before it fired and is doing it still now when left for a while, absolutely no visible leaks or any smells of petrol and the mpg reading seems good but for some reason she won't fire up as normal, it's almost as if it's starved of fuel on start-up or something...?! Once she's fired she runs smooth as silk... Any mechanical legends out there that can cast some light on this for me?! Cheers in advance, Gaz.

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi @VR46-G@Z mate, hope you are well and all that. It makes a lovely difference to have nice new injectors you really do feel how good the engine is again. New spark plugs at the same time is good too.

I had this exact same thing happen after swapping my injectors on a previous 182. I was finding it took a few seconds for the engine to start and also found pressing the accelerator whilst starting helped.

Anyway.. when you changed the injectors you pulled the fuel rail with the injectors attached, you know there is a connector , usually the little o ring splits and I think this lets air into the fuel rail which causes the slow start. have a look at this link and see the blue o ring.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4022&appid=2

When you have a few minutes see if the O ring is still there or split. I ended up buying the connector above off Ktec but rather than using the whole connector I just pulled the O ring off it and put it onto my existing connector. You will see the pipe on your car is hard to remove from the connector.

Also did you find it hard to get the new injectors back into their holes? might possibly be one that isnt quite all the way in.
Hope that helps.

RB 182 FF
Gus you are a legend! I saw a very slight nick in the o ring but thought if there is an issue with it then fuel would come out... But this makes perfect sense and I think you've nailed this one for me! Cheers Gus, Happy New Year! :smile::up:

RB 182 FF
Hi Joe, as of yet no.......... I have bought the K-tec connector and taken the 2 o-rings off and swapped as optical suggested and I'm still having slow fire-up, I think my new injectors aren't identical to the oem Renault ones but I am still unsure... Once she's fired she runs fine....!! Strange!

clio v6
yes i have the same injectors mine sit stright as the originals sit on an angle. but rule this out as it was doing this when i only changed one so it must be the connector on rail.but once stared runs perfect very strange let us know how you get on. thanks.

RB 182 FF
Mine as well Joe, that's the difference to the originals. Now I'm doubting them, wish I had seen the Eurocarparts ones on there first for an extra £2.50 each... Anyway I'm not too fussed about the starting if it runs ok but it would be nice to fire it up as it used to. I might take it all apart again and have a look when I have time, I lubed up all the O-rings and wonder if that is letting air in somewhere??!!

clio v6
i think its is the connector as when the engine is off the air leak lets the pressure drop back down pipe,the fuel rail is surly filled with petrol tho when engine off .might just make a connector out of some pipe with clips that will rule it out altogether.then its the injectors.

RB 182 FF
Hmmmm I'll tell you what I'll do..... The K-tec connectors come in pairs for some reason, I'll use the other new connector in place of the original with new o-rings I have on at the moment and see if it solves it..... If not I think it must be the injectors..... Once I know I'll post my findings. :up:

RB 182 FF
Hi Joe I swapped the connector around and I think I have bad news.... I think it's these bloody Ebay injectors!! It's nagging me so badly I've just ordered a new set from Renparts on Ebay..... I have messaged the seller of the other 'Genuine Renault' injectors so I await a reply.... My plan is I'll fit my new injectors and see if the car runs right and if so I'll take further action against the Ebay seller...........

clio v6
hi yeh let us know how you get on what was the sellers user name on ebay so i can see if its were i got mine from. cheers.

RB 182 FF
Hi guys to be fair the guy has got back to me and offered replacements or a refund and I said I want a refund. As I've just ordered 4 from Renparts that's great news for me! The injectors I received had no clip for the fuel rail supplied with them and also the connector wire wasn't offset like the Genuine Renault ones... Joe I'll pm the username to you.... :up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hey Gaz, sorry for causing you to spend money on that connector. 🙈
Be interested to see if the genuine injectors will fix it.

RB 182 FF
Hey Optical no worries! :) I actually needed it anyway as when I went to fit the o-rings the original came out in 2 halves!!! So no, thank you for the link it was a great help! I'm pretty sure the 'Genuine Genuine' injectors will solve this...... I've found my fuel consumption isn't as good as I'd hoped either so I think these injectors that are currently fitted are not doing the job......... :down: :up:

clio v6
gonna order myself some genuine ones just put my old ones back in for now.the new ones are machined differently also where the indentation for clip fits its face on instead of of to the side.

clio v6
Yes got mine today off renparts too.got a refund off the other ones so alls well.will fit them in morning now.live and learn .

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi all can i ask when fitted have injectors made to the car as mine lacks power sometimes thanks

RB 182 FF
New injectors can make the car more responsive if your current injectors are clogged and restricted... :up: You can get them professionally cleaned but for the hassle I just bought new ones!

RB 182 FF
They're £32.50 on Ebay from Renparts Arran, don't risk getting them from anywhere else as they may not be genuine Renault! Renparts sell them cheaper on Ebay than on the net.... I believe £32.50 is the chapest you'll find! :up:

RB 182 FF
Absolutely Tony! I wasn't trying to cut corners, the seller listed them as 'Genuine Renault Magnetti Marelli Ijectors' and they were £2.50 each cheaper so I went for them... I've learnt now though to buy from reputable dealers and not risk ending up with cheaper copies....... :up: