ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup

172 Cup
I'm new to forum and Renaults, although I have had a Megane F1 225. Bought the Clio 172 Cup a couple of weeks ago, never really been interested in them until now. Previously had a few fiesta zetec s and a Puma Racing for occasional track use. I was impressed with how the clio's went on the track, couldn't get near them in the fiesta's. I can't believe how cheap they are for what you are getting (prob paid to much for mine really, never mind).

Anyway bought the 172 cup it's had quite a few owners and is cat d registered (light front damage, just the front bumper replaced so I'm lead to believe). It's currently on 74k some history. Its had the belts, dephaser etc.. done about 10k ago at Renault. It came with yellow stuff front pads, brembo discs, braided hoses, eibach lowered springs, stainless stealth exhaust and phase 1 seats. Overall the body work is pretty tidy, has the odd scratch here and there. Spoke to one of the previous owners who said he had the wheels refurbed (few marks now though), new rear shocks and wheel bearings and a few other bits.

I plan to use it for the odd track day and just as a runner around. So far I've replaced the top gearbox mount and fitted a poly bushed dog bone mount. I've just bought a full set of Powerflex suspension bushes so I intend to strip every off and have them blasted and painted before refitting. Also got some 10mm axle spacers, omp steering wheel, momo boss to fit and some second hand A048's to go on.

Next on the list is a Vibratechnics top mount, new genuine top mounts and new genuine Renault shocks or a decent set of second hand coilovers, bucket seat subframes, and maybe a roll cage.

Haven't really managed to take any decent pics yet.
77C6AF34-BABA-458D-B204-4A66E592C574.jpg

D2B5BEE7-7E85-4B24-B944-B66BDE7DE754.jpg

172 Cup
I haven't had it on track yet so I haven't really experienced any oversteer, I take it easy on the roads. Should hopefully get some track time early next year.

106 gti
Nice mate, I myself got some some gaz coilovers last week and once the tracking and camber was done they're brilliant! Heard a lot of bad reviews but the new design is only a few weeks old and for the money they're well worth it

172 Cup
I'm hoping their good, I've heard good and bad reviews. I've got Gaz golds on my mk1 fiesta but that's not seem the road yet.