ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup?

172 Cup
Hi Guys just wanted some advice really, i've been thinking of buying a 172 cup from my brothers friend, its 52 plate with 18000 miles on the clock. He said i can have it for £6500, what do you think?

Currently i'm driving a 1.5d Saxo, so this will be a big step up for me and my insurance!! any advive will be great thanks in advance

172 Cup
thanks guys, do you think i will find it difficult to drive, i won't miss things like AC, ABS etc cos my saxo doesn't have any of that? my insurance is gonna be £900 with directline, which i think is quite good as i'm only 21 in 3 weeks!

Cup 172
You might think you wont miss abs, but with 172 brake you will probably need it more than you ever would on your saxo...

Seriously get it. Good price for the car and thats acracking deal on insurance.

Ziel Nurburgring
3PFT?

£900 insurance seems like a great deal. Is it renault service, how much warranty has it got left, will it need new pads soon, car park dings?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I'd recommend some track days before the winter as well. No ABS, get some high speed practice. Sounds like a good deal, I'd go for it.

Cheers, Rob

172 Cup
3PFT??? not sure what that means? (I'm new to this), I know its just had and passed its first MOT and Service since being bought from new. Not to sure about the warranty cos only got info through my brother! going to see it this weekend so hopefully should be mine asap!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
fad632 said:
3PFT??? not sure what that means? (I'm new to this), I know its just had and passed its first MOT and Service since being bought from new. Not to sure about the warranty cos only got info through my brother! going to see it this weekend so hopefully should be mine asap!
Third Party Fire and Theft

172 Cup
no then its fully comp, sorry should re-phrase in 3 weeks when 21 my insurance will cost just over £900 with direct line, that includes discount cos my dad already has a insurance policy with them for his car, not to mention the house insurance as well

172 Cup
Ok guys, actually spoke to my brothers mate today about his car, he has told me that he will take me out in it soon, but also said that he hasn't drove it in close to a yr! The car passed its MOT in April and was Serviced also, and has new tyres and brake pads. He described driving it as similar to a go-kart? He bought from new so is the only owner.
Do you guys think this will be ok at £6500?

172 CUP
don't miss the chance chap. They are awesome little cars for the price. you'll love it compared to driving a saxo!