ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup turbo build.

civic eg turbo
Hello

just thought i would pop along and share a couple of pics of a clio turbo iv been building for a mate, this is a budget build that i have built at my house with only basic tools so its not perfect by any stretch.
here is a quick spec.
f4r block
f4rt crank
f4rt head and cams
wossner pistons
eagle rods
garrett t3 4x4 cosworth turbo
from mount intercooler
custom boost pipes
custom manifold and 3" downpipe
mg zr throttle body
phase 1 throttle pedal
civic eg twin core rad
one off fuel rail
saab t5 red injectors
wallbro 255 external fuel pump
38mm external wastegate

I suspect there are bits i have missed but can update as i go on, all fabrictaion has been carried out by myself, bosst pipes manifold and down pipe have all been tigwelded, im not a welder or fabricator so again not the best but this is a budget build.
IMAG2629.jpg
IMAG2627.jpg
IMAG2629.jpg
IMAG2627.jpg
IMAG2626.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2625.jpg
    IMAG2625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • IMAG2623.jpg
    IMAG2623.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMAG2005.jpg
    IMAG2005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • IMAG1436.jpg
    IMAG1436.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • IMAG1408.jpg
    IMAG1408.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  big boost cup
Gt35hta tubular manifold 2200cc injectors race fuel. Doing as much as I can myself. It's not much but I'm learning

civic eg turbo
sounds like your going for big power then with that turbo, this is only going to be around the 280 300 bhp mark as its meant to be a track car, and dont want the hassel of gearboxes exploding every 5 mins.
also the civic im building is going to be around the same sort of power and these are for us to go out and have a bit of fun so no point in being silly power.
this has taken a while as everything has been down to me from ideas to making/putting it together but im not paying for it so parts are slow in coming along.i have completed the engine wiring loom now, wired in the new dash just a case of sorting out a few bits of wiring fit the wideband finish the fuel system and it can be mapped
I have no real idea how this car will go as iv never been into renaults myself but should be good fun.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Well done and fair play on the work done so far, it's always a good feeling when you're able to do something yourself... In the new year I should be at the point of welding everything myself for mine.
From what ican see though, your boost pipes like tidy!
What management is that you're using?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Similar to mine, that's a small turbo [emoji12] good work though looks very neat welding, mines internal Wg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418907897.599496.jpg

civic eg turbo
its only small yeh, its the old turbo off my civic that i decided was too small so sold it to my mate ang got myslef a bigger one, power isnt the main thjing tho as said before we dont want gearboxes shitting them selves.

thanks for the good comments it is a great feeling when u do something yourself, iv used it as a way to teach myself.

i wanted to run on omex but its not my money se he went for megasquirt, the loom is good, as iv made it myself using cosworth plugs and sensors.