ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup track toy

172 cup, Leon 20vt
Hello All!

New to clio's and picked up my first 172 yeaterday. The clio is a 172 cup that is already prepped for track but there is still plenty to do. My plans are to freshen the car up and go through eveything that has already been done. I am going to remove the seats and paint all of the interior, remove the gearbox and fit Quaife ATB differential, tidy up all the wiring, remove the dash and have it flocked, remove glass and replace with perspex, remove cheap ebay harnesses and fit with luke harnesses, the list goes on. Any other good track upgrades you can recommend please feel free.

20161029_181729_zpsepkuhnu0.jpg
[/URL]

20161030_150001_zpsdlegl8k1.jpg
[/URL]

20161030_150012_zpspxcy0zkg.jpg
[/URL]

20161030_150037_zpsiuto8apr.jpg
[/URL]

20161030_150106_zpsmfeugqrd.jpg
[/URL]

20161030_150100_zps3zodshua.jpg
[/URL]

Welcome! Looking good so far, interior needs a paint as you say!

I'd stick a set of CM composite door cards on to tidy the interior up! Maybe a PMS shifter too

172 cup, Leon 20vt
Thanks for the comments. Going to sand it all back and spray it as it has just been brush painted in the back and not very well either!
Where is the best place to buy the door cards and lever?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
If i were you, i would swap the cup spoiler for a standard spoiler.
Helps with weight saving massively.
I have a standard one i can swap with you if you like?
Happy to help.

It's the delivery of said joke that was the problem, hence my not sure if legit as it sounded like a pisstake but I do read some stupid stuff on here from time to time.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
It was a joke.
But well done on presenting us with that crucial bit of information on spoiler weight.
I will remember that when somebody asks me next time.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
What are the brakes like?
Ds2500 are the main go to pads on here usually.
If you have some of them already, i have a standard set i can swap you for. because of weight saving again. (I joke)

Sort out brakes and suspension on these cars mate and your good to go.

Clio 172
Did you also know that Turinis, i.e. standard cup wheels, believe it or not, weigh exactly 7.36kg more than standard 172 wheels,...... so if you were thinking about or have bought some then I'll swap with you for my standard ones?? What do you say??

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
On a serious not @Shakeandbake that looks like a great base to build on.
Like you say, get those seats out, get the floor painted and tidy a few bits and bobs up.
Im not sure if those seats are allowed at the ring if thats were you were planning on going?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
From what ive read in a track grouo on fb they have been turned away for having seats with the extended sides at the top.

172 cup, Leon 20vt
Yeah just been reading up on this and cages are also banned. I wasn't planning on going to the ring as the drive over there would be a nightmare in this