ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 03 plate - cd changer or not?

Clio 172
Hi guys, ive recently bought a clio 172 on a 03 plate. i`ve looked under the passenger seat & looks like the changer as been taken out. due to missing carpet were a persume the brackets went. what do i need to replace the changer? i`m new to all this, also theres no lead going onto the sterio or leads! i dont have a clue ha!
p.s. why cant i reply to threads??

changer is rubbish mate get a tune point no cds lying round got one for sale if your intrested all leads and everything

Clio 172
If the cars original headunit is a cassette player the changer will be under the passenger side seat. If the original headunit is a single cd player it won't have a changer.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
changer is rubbish mate get a tune point no cds lying round got one for sale if your intrested all leads and everything

whats a tune point dude?

+1 just fitted my Tunepoint today that I got from Denty up at FCS.

Top bit of kit and dead easy to fit, Although i cant work out if the i-pod is ment to switch off when you turn the CD player off as mine does not.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ah I see.... i noticed it charges it's self when you switch on the ignition anyway so not end of the world even if it didnt switch off :)

its a Nice bit of kit though the Tunepoint even if i couldnt work out how to remove the glove box for ease of fitment LOL

Clio 172
If the cars original headunit is a cassette player the changer will be under the passenger side seat. If the original headunit is a single cd player it won't have a changer.

ah i c, well mines got a cd player so there u go. nice 1.

Lotus Elise 111R
They did'nt come as standard, but the holes in the carpet did, so they could fit the unit if you paid for it!

Time for an Alpine iDA-X100 upgrade http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=5809&cat=26&man=1&main=1&userid=&firstsel=man&variation= - forget CD's, they just clutter the place up. £210 and you are sorted. You'll never look at a cd again.

cheers for that! hey that sterio looks abit special! is it a normal sterio but mp3?

normal stereo with no cd slot, just shows a full colour screen, exactly the same as your iPod screen. Put iPod in the glovebox, and use the stereo as if it were the iPod. Immediate track selection, no delay etc.

It is the business, I have the original iDA-X001, never looked back, just update the iPod with tunes as and when I buy a CD. Job done.

They did'nt come as standard, but the holes in the carpet did, so they could fit the unit if you paid for it!
The holes were there for other reasons not just for the optinal extra.

But the cd chnager was standard spc at one point. (when cruise and ESP weren't stock)