ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 169.9 BHP

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Re: Clio 182 BHP

172 Cups do.

Well, all the ones I've seen run alongside non 172 Cup variants have done.

They're special you see.

Mine ran 168BHP Standard when i got it (At Surrey RR)

and at the recent RR Day did 175.5bhp At Surrey RR, with Ktech Stealth, Matched Angel Works Inlets, K&N and RS Tuner 98RON Map.

And its one with CC ;) Although it was switchwed off on the runs.

Ph1
Had my 172 cup on a RR yesterday. It made 180bhp and 157lb/ft, also did a 1/4 mile in 13.87s.

Now I understand a RR is never going to be fully accurate etc. And I'm never going to claim my car makes this much, however I would like peoples comments if they dont mind.....

As far as I'm aware my 172 cup is standard other than an aftermarket mild steel exhaust, no idea what it is, a panel filter and a fairly recent service which included new plugs etc.
I've had a short shift pin fitted which may help with the 1/4 mile time a little.

So could my car have had any other modifications in the past? And if so what might it have to make that power?

I was rather pleased with the results anyway and the car managed to fend off all of the vectra gsi's I went there with (used to have one before the cup), other than a 3.0 version.

Cheers

Standard Cup 13.8 quarter WTF ??

No chance

182 & Mk1 Valver
Did mine today at rs tuning it came out exactly the same as yours mate apparently that's the sort of result you'd expect from standard 182. Alot of people rave on about these piper induction kits losing power maybe you should try a different induction method.

Mods i'm running are: standard airbox held on by (clio's best friend) ducktape, also a dodgy custom exhaust system which has flexipipe at the back :S

That exhaust was £600 from demon tweeks fitted. Not that dodgy lol. Dont remember the flexipipe though? By the way this used to be mine car.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
pulled up an old thread there Karl! Was a good read though, supports what I was saying on another thread that there are a lot of clio's that are within +/-10hp of there listed values :p

Clio tce
My cup says when in doubt have a cuppa tea.... It goes from kettle to tea in about 4 minutes and has no air con or power steering.

I'd say your bhp figure is a bit low imo but maybe it was made on a Friday afternoon?

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
I've had mine put on rolling road and it came out at 186bhp, totally standard apart from a janspeed cat back exhaust, rolling road was done with a official company called hi-tech who do rolling days for loads of mamagazines. Why is mine higher? I'm not technical at all as you can tell

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
That exhaust was £600 from demon tweeks fitted. Not that dodgy lol. Dont remember the flexipipe though? By the way this used to be mine car.

are you sure its the same car? you just bumped a very old thread! lol

Ill have mine on surreyRR in a few weeks, quite worried what its going to come out as!! but mark saying losing the PAS gave him 7bhp fills me with confidence! :D

2010 Jetta TDi 140
My 172 non cup made 178BHP @ RS Tuning a few weeks ago after cat back exhaust, induction kit and 98 RON Fastchip map. Before any mods it made 163BHP. It drives so much better now!

Clio 197 Cup
my 197 ran 203bhp at RS Tuning recently,i have catcams,ITG maxogen,fully decatted,matched inlets,64mm TB and an RS Tuning remap,it made 180bhp before any work, but to put it into perspective how different some rollers can be,a couple of weeks after making 203bhp it made just shy of 217bhp at a local garage,crazy